Friday, December 26, 2014

Quality Source Expandable Hose; Review


I know some of you are like me, where you secretly want to try out the products seen late at night on the television commercials.  You know the ones, the lady is seen struggling with something, it is usually first filmed in black and white and she is distraught with a look of pain, confusion, struggle, and concern.  Something she is trying to accomplish is much too difficult and cumbersome to do in the previous way she used to always do it.  Then it switches to color and they introduce the new and improved product, they explain how it works so much better and how life will be easier, and the woman is smiling the whole time she is doing whatever it is (even in the privacy of her home, she is grinning ear to ear, because that is what we all do when we clean, *wink *wink). 

Today I would like to tell you about a product that is something you might have seen in similar commercials but is something I have wanted to try for a while.  I was sent an expandable hose to review from Quality Source.  It is a pretty grass green hose made out of a durable fabric.  The fabric feels like a cotton canvas material.  It is said to be made in the strongest hose material available.  Here are the specs on this durability:

100-PSI (Pounds Per Square Inch) Working Pressure
300-PSI (Pounds Per Square Inch) Burst Pressure

This  hose is 25 feet long and expands to 75 feet when filled with water.  I like how it is lightweight and easy to store.  We sadly do not have a carport or garage, so having this store easily in our laundry room inside works well for us.  I would not feel comfortable leaving this outside in the elements.  I have not used this much as of yet, since it is rather cold out, but can foresee this getting frequent use in the Spring and Summer months.

One of the big frustrations with regular hoses for me is that they are heavy and table easily, this one is very light and easy to carry even when full of water.  It is said to not tangle or get kinks in it.  I have heard that these types of hoses are susceptible to bursting and ripping, but I have not yet experienced that with this hose.  I would recommend you start with a low pressure of water so as to prevent any possible surprises.  It would also be a good idea to take care in how you move it when using it, you do not want to drag it over sharp gravel or areas that might cause it to rip.

The great thing about this particular company is that they offer a 100% money back guarantee, so that eases my mind if I were to purchase a spare hose.  For more information, or to purchase, this hose is available on Amazon.  As mentioned above, this was sent to me to review.  This has only been tested and has not yet been used daily, as we do not use a hose much in the winter months.  I do envision this getting soiled pretty quickly if you have a yard that gets muddy easily (sadly ours, as we live in the country and our ground is always soft even before getting wet.)  We plan to keep this in a large plastic bucket and store in the house when not in use. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment