Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Natracare’s Organic Cleansing Make-Up Removal Wipes: Reviewed



I recently was sent some makeup removing cleansing wipes for the face from Natarcare.  I normally do not use makeup wipes as I prefer removing with my Argan oil or Jojoba oil mixture, but I thought I would see what these were like as I have used makeup remover wipes in the past when traveling.  Generally makup wipes do not work well for me as I wear dark black waterproof winged eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, red lipstick, blush and mineral foundation and my face does not feel or look as clean when a wipe is used.  Makeup wipes are not as cost effective for me as I usually use 3 to get the job done. I was sent a soft pack and 3 sample travel wipe packets.  The wipes smell light and I like how the ingredients are gentle and skin nourishing. They contain oils and botanical ingredients.  There are a few ingredients that I am not sure of what they are, some of them sound synthetic or chemical.  I did look up the ingredients that I was unsure of what they were.  I found a neat site called, The Beauty Bible, they have a glossary of ingredients as well as other interesting information.

Ingredients:

Water , Aloe Vera Leaf Water, Glycerin , Sodium Citrate , Brassica Campestris Seed Oil , Gluconolactone , Chamomila Recutita Flower, WaterOrganic , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Sweet Almond, Organic  Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Sunflower , Avena Strigosa Seed Extract , Dicaprylyl Carbonate , Prunus Armeniaca Kernal Oil, Organic , Lauryl Glucoside , Tocopherol , Polyglyceryl-2-Dipolyhydroxystearate , Polyglyceryl-4-Caprate , Microcrystalline Cellulose , Cellulose Gum , Fragrance Sweet Orange, Lavandin, Mandarin, Lavender, Lemon, Bergamot, Petitgrain Oil , Sodium Benzoate , Levulinic Acid , Sodium Levulinate , Glyceryl Oleate , Citric Acid , Xanthan Gum , Lecithin , Calcium Gluconate , Potassium Sorbate , Limonene , Linalool , Sodium Phytate

The following were a few of the ingredients I was unsure about, so I consulted the Beauty Bible Website mentioned above.  These are direct quotes.  I did not look up all the unknown (unknown to me) ingredients, but here were some of them:

Gluconolactone A poly-hydroxy acid created from milk sugar. It’s one of the newer generation of AHA ‘fruit acids’, and is said to be gentler than some of the earlier versions, used as a skin-brightener. Also doubles as a fragrance ingredient in products like shampoos.

Dicaprylyl carbonate Comes from Carbonic acid and Caprylyl alcohol, and is used in sunscreens, age-defying creams and also in treatments for redness and rosacea.

Polyglyceryl-2 dipolyhydroxystearate:  A synthetic ester of Polyglyceryl-2 and Stearic acid, generally used as an emulsifier.

Polyglyceryl-4-Caprate is a skin conditioning agent



The wipes are made from all natural ingredients. Natracare’s Organic Cleansing Make-Up Removal Wipes are "free from formaldehyde releasing preservatives, synthetics, chemicals, parabens, and sulfates" that are commonly found in conventional make-up removers.  I must admit, the ingredients do seem nicer and gentler than other makeup remover wipes, however I would like them to not have ingredients that sound so complex as I read over them.  I tend to like more simpler natural ingredients, like, water, aloe, jojoba, argan, lavender, tea tree, etc. 

The wipes are said to "remove stubborn make-up from face, eyes and lips without rubbing, as well as soothe the skin."  I have tried them a few times.  They are soothing to my skin and I like how they are infused with the organic essential oils of almond, apricot, sunflower, and chamomile.  They also have other botanical ingredients that I like.  They are made of a soft and strong organic cotton cloth.  I did find that I have to use 2-3 of them to get all of my eye, red lip, and face makeup off, depending on what I am wearing.  A few times I did lightly dampen it with water or a few drops of my argan oil.  I use Stila's Stay All Day waterproof liquid eyeliner and a variety of mascara brands.  I always use an eyeshadow primer/base (Urban Decay Primer Potion) and that makes my shadow stay put.  My lids and lashes always seem to get cleaner when I use my natural oil cleansing method. 

For now, I will stick to oil cleansing as it is what works for me personally.  However, if you like makeup wipes, this is definitely one that does stand out from the rest.  This was sent to me as a review sample, all opinions are my own.

Connect with the company on Facebook and Twitter.





No comments:

Post a Comment