Sunday, December 21, 2014

Probiotics for Oral Health: Hyperbiotics Pro-Dental: Reviewed

If you read my blog with any regularity, you know that there is a particular brand of probiotics that I am particularly fond of. Hyperbiotics is a company that has a wide variety of probiotics to suit all age groups and to benefit various aspects of the body. They focus on specific areas of the body and different stages of life. I had previously reviewed a probiotic for children, probiotic for women, and also a basic probiotic. The type I would like to tell you about today is specifically for dental and oral care.  Probiotics are necessary for your digestive tract but also necessary for overall wellness in other areas as well.  Oral health issues such as cavities, gum disease, bad breath and and the like, are not only due to poor eating and cleaning habits, but are also due to depletion of necessary probiotic levels.  This can often be due to stress and usage of certain antibiotics.

I was sent a bottle of PRO-Dental for review and it was different from the other variations in that these are chewable and mint flavored.  They resemble a tasty mint treat in all aspects except that they assist with digestion and oral health.  This unique probiotic formula has BLIS K12 and BLIS M18 - two oral probiotic strains that I have never heard of, but am intriqued.  These strains help treat oral cavities and promote good oral health.

There is another fascinating probiotic contained in this supplement, it is called S. Salvarius M18, and produces an enzyme that helps dissolve plaque and bio-film.  These little nasties can cause cavities, staining, tooth sensitivities and gum disease / gingivitis.  If left untreated, periodontal disease can occur.  All these oral problems are frightening and  make me want to brush my teeth right at this very moment.  I have had near perfect teeth for the first 28 years of my life and zero cavities.  Unfortunately when I got pregnant with my daughter I went through a phase of being a little too natural with everything in my life and went about 2-3 months using tooth soap chips which are fluoride free soap with essential oils and various clays to clean the teeth.  This works for a lot of people, but did not work for me, I got 4 small cavities despite brushing twice per day, limiting sweets, and drinking mainly water and milk.  I also know that during pregnancy your body and teeth undergo changes and my teeth suffered some.  I am now trying to prevent having any more oral problems so am hoping that this will help.

Last week I started oil pulling (again) with coconut oil, and I hope this time I can be diligent about it and see results.  Oil pulling is getting more well known as it draws unhealthy bacteria out of teeth and strengthens teeth and gums.  I am hoping that with better oral care through this Pro Dental supplement, along with oil pulling, my teeth will be in tip top shape.

This probiotic can help fight bad breath, while keeping the good bacteria in your mouth.  Just like probiotics in our stomach, there are levels of good and bad bacteria.  It is important to keep a balance of healthy oral microflora.  I have only tested this for about 3 weeks, and have only oil pulled 1 week, however, I am hoping that continued care and diligence with proper oral health, I can strengthen my teeth and gums. 

This bottle of Hyperbiotics Pro Dental was sent to me for purpose of this review. All opinions are my own and honest.  I have not had any ill effects from taking this supplement.  I look forward to seeing positive improvements over time.

You can connect with the company on Facebook and Twitter









*One bottle of Pro Dental was sent to me from the company for this review, all opinions are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment