Saturday, March 28, 2015

Vlokup Nursing Cover Review

I am currently nursing my 11 month old. I nursed my daughter past a year and had used and loved my 2 Bebe Au Lait nursing covers. They have beautiful patterns and colors, thick yet breathable cotton fabric, and a generous sizing. I bought a third one for this baby. I have tried the Petunia Pickle Bottom brand which folds up into its own pouch, but quickly sold it after 2 uses as it was much too small and I did not feel covered. I love their diaper bags, but the nursing cover although cute, beautiful, and soft, was not going to work for me. I recently was sent a sample of another brand of nursing cover. This one is from Amazon store Vloup and it is a pretty cover. I do want to mention that it was ordered on February 13th, and only just arrived March 9th. I would have liked to have known when it might arrive. I am not complaining, just was a bit concerned, as if I had purchased it myself, I would have wanted some sort of update.

When it arrived I was impressed with the decorative tags and how it was gently folded into a pouch, solely into its own pocket. It really folds up compact which makes it perfect for storing in the diaper bag or in the car (where ours is currently---which is why I do not have a picture of it currently). I have used this a few times for the short amount of time I have had it. I use it as a back up cover as I still prefer my Bebe Au Lait ones. I used this at the doctor's office and it worked fine. It is a little on the thinner side, so you may not want to use it in a breezy area unless you are decently covered under this. I like how this brand is able to remove the structured part (rigid neckline for seeking in on baby and for airflow) for ease of use in washing. I am pretty pure the Bebe Au Lait does not have a removable feature. The pattern I received is nice, a classy floral damask. The color is a beige, tan gold and the fabric is soft. I do want to mention that the inside pocket confused me as the fabric was completely unmatching. The pocket inside was a baby fabric pattern with abc blocks and pastel colors. I thought that it distracted from the classy pattern and colors of the rest of the cover. It still was a functioning pocket, which is useful to those who need a pocket (nursing shield, pacifier, face wipes, etc.) The fabric is lightweight against baby's skin and did not have any odors or off gassing that some products have.

It comes in one size, and is definitely full coverage. We have used it mainly for a lightweight cover to put over our baby's carseat when when bring him into a restaurant or doctors office and he is asleep or there are cottages children and we are only seeing the doctor for a monthly check up. I have used it as a backup nursing cover, a blanket, and find that is is slightly more convenient than my other covers due to the small size it folds into.

I like how they included a pictured guide on how to fold it back to the pocket. This is a good cover for the reasonable price. Please note that it will take 2-3 weeks to arrive and you may not get word on where it is in its travels. I do not have any complaints with it. It is very nice looking and is soft. The size is very generous and larger than most other brands I have seen. I love that the rigid neckline can be removed for washing the cover.

This is available on Amazon.







No comments:

Post a Comment