Monday, March 9, 2015

SuppressMint: 3-Hour Craving Control Breath Mint Review


I was sent a very interesting product to review. It is a hybrid of a breath mint and appetite suppressant. The brand is called SuppressMint and it is tiny tab that offers up to 3 hours of time-release peppermint-flavored appetite suppressant in the form of Chromium Picolinate. In order to use this unique product, put the "dot" in your mouth between your gum and cheek where it takes up to three hours to dissolve.  I have tried this a few times and although it definitely freshens my breath, I am not sure how well it is actually working. The reason I say this is that I have tried to get it to stick to the area in my mouth (and other areas) and it slicks off. So for me, I definitely am not eating anything when I have a mint in my mouth. :) I would have preferred this to be in gum form in a larger size. I find that chewing gum (along with mint) helps control my hunger cravings.

I like how this has the Chromium Picolinate (Chromax brand) in it as I used to take that off and on a few years ago and it works pretty well. Chromium Picolinate, the active ingredient in SuppressMint helps reduce cravings for foods high in sugar and fat (refined carbohydrates and saturated fats) while it helps stabilize blood sugar (glucose levels) and calm anxiety and stabilize emotions.

The dot is supposed to stay in your mouth for a 3 hour slow-melt duration.  It is true that having a mint (or gum) in my mouth helps distract me and discourage me from snacking.  I have always found Peppermint to help control my appetite as well.  I did not have the mint in for 3 hours each time as it would not stay on the side of my mouth and kept moving around loosely. I do like how it came with a little plastic case to take the mints with me in my pocket or purse.

The SupressMint can be used between meals, in the late afternoon, and during the evening when the cravings are the strongest.  I tend to snack the most late at night around the times of 8 pm and 2 am (I am a late night blogger and often turn to food to wake me up and help power me along.).  These were nice during those times.

I think it is a good product, I just personally prefer gum and would have liked this to come in a gum version.  I could not get the mini tab to stick to the inside of my gum and cheek area. 

I was sent one bottle of this product for review, this is my honest opinion.

This product is available on Amazon.








No comments:

Post a Comment