Sunday, March 29, 2015

Certified Organic & Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Softgels by Evergreen Nature Review


I try to incorporate coconut and coconut oil into my life each day as it has so many benefits. I try use or consume it several times a week in my smoothies, bake/cook with it (add coconut flour to pancake batter or coconut oil to baked goods) I oil pull with coconut oil, I even use it on my hair and skin (usually as fractionated / liquid form with essential oils). Coconut is a great dietary fiber source and protein.

I was excited to try it in the form of Coconut Oil Softgels  as it sounded super easy (travel friendly and quick) and was a form I had not tried.  The company that makes the supplement is Evergreen Nature, a brand I am quite familiar with as I have tried other supplements from them.

I love all the aspects of coconut and feel healthier when I take it.  Taking coconut internally helps boost the immune system, and can prevent viruses and bacteria.  I knew that it prevents bacteria as I use it in my natural deodorants (either ones I make or purchase). It is a natural energizer and helps improve endurance.  This is one reason why I put it in my smoothies each morning.  It is fantastic externally and internally for skin and hair and by taking it in this pill form and using it externally on my body, I have been seeing improvements.  I have clearer skin (I use fractionated coconut sometimes in my oil cleansing method) I find that coconut taken as a food snack helps fill me up and provide energy.  It is a fantastic source of Vitamin E, which provides anti-wrinkle and anti-aging benefits.  My skin is softer with coconut oil.  I do not have Eczema or Psoriasis, however, it is said that coconut assists with skin issues.

I love that it is Certified Organic & contains Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.  The pills are large, however they are very easy to swallow and glide down.  These are Made in USA, GMP Certified.  There are no artificial flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, sugar, starch, milk, lactose, soy, gluten, wheat, yeast or fish.  It is directed to take 1-2 per day.  I generally take just one, and give my husband one for him as well.

I do not detect an aftertaste and neither of us have reported any ill effects.  I have him take it in hopes to help with hair growth on his thinning patch.  I take it for added energy, keeping my skin clearer, and overall wellness.  This is a great product from a company I trust.  (I have tried their hair skin and nails supplement as well as their prenatal supplement--both excellent products.)

*I was sent one bottle for review.

Connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.

I make a daily smoothie for the mornings that has frozen banana, a scoop of Garden of Life Raw protein powder, raw cacao powder (raw unsweetened chocolate) coconut shavings, 1% milk, and some coconut flour.  This is my energizer shake.  The coconut shavings are on top. :)  I have been taking 1-2 of the Evergreen Nature Coconut pills each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment