Thursday, March 19, 2015

100 % Pure Whey Protein Isolate by Summit Nutritions Review

 I like to enjoy a protein rich smoothie each morning to get me going.  While most individuals like a nice cup of piping hot, invigorating coffee, I like to fuel my day with a frozen treat in a tall glass.  I was sent a Vanilla flavor powdered protein from Summit Nutritions.  The protein is 100% Bio Pure Whey Protein and has an impressive 25 grams of protein to keep me full and energized till lunch time.  This company's protein powder is carefully crafted in such a way that it preserves the nutrients and amino acids.  The process is called ultra-microfiltration and this powder packs a punch with its high percentage of protein per scoop. 

I like how this product is non gmo, and naturally flavored.  This powder is free of lactose, soy gluten and and flavored with Stevia.  The only thing I do not like about it is the Stevia, I always feel that Stevia changes the flavor of items and although this powder tastes great, it would taste better without it.  I would have preferred this to not have any sweetener, except for the vanilla, so that I could decide if I want to add something to it or leave it as it was.  I love how this is low in carbohydrates  and cholesterol, and has ZERO fat!

I can tell this is a high quality product as it mixes well and also the back of the packet has a :full disclosure" of what it has and what it does not have in it.  I love that it is a USA product.  This normally comes in a 2 lb container, but I was sent 3 foil packets of this powder and in the Alpine Vanilla flavor.  There is also a Dutch Chocolate variety.

I put 4-5 ice cubes in my blender, added 1 % milk, a full packet of the protein powder, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, and 1 banana slightly under ripe (they way I like it as they are slightly tart).  The 2 tablespoons of coconut flour added 10 grams of fiber, and 2 grams of protein and a thick texture.  The coconut flour also adds a slight coconut flavor, you could always leave out this ingredient or add shredded coconut.  I always add a banana to my smoothies as I like the balance it gives (makes the smoothie not too sweet) and it thickens it.  When I remember, I like to pre-peel the banana, stick it in the fridge the night before (in a freezer bag) and use it the next day instead of ice.  Do not leave the skin on, or you will have a frustrating, near impossible peeling experience and the peel turns stringy.

This is a thick smoothie and delicious!

I tried this smoothie 3 days in a row and felt it gave me energy and helped me concentrate.  Highly recommended! I only would have preferred it to not have Stevia.  I am a stay at home mommy to a bouncing 4 year old (who stays home) and a teething 11 month old, I need all the energy I can get, especially since I do my blogging and reviews until 3 or 4 am the night before. :)

This is available on  Amazon and have a wide variety of health and nutritional products available.  You can learn more about the company by visiting their website and following them on Facebook and Twitter.

* The company provided me with 3 packs of Vanilla powder, all opinions are my own.







No comments:

Post a Comment