Monday, April 20, 2015

Tutti Bimbi food-grade silicone Baby food Freezer Tray Review



We have a 1 year old and a 4 year old. We try to feed our baby homemade baby food when possible, but honestly do feed him some store bought as well, as long as it is low sodium, high protein, and healthy.

I was sent a silicone baby food freezer tray from Tutti Bimbi. The tray is a pretty lime green and is
safe to use in the freezer, dishwasher, microwave and in the oven for up to 460°F. I would not have thought to use it in the microwave or oven, however, it makes sense that you can use it for mini cupcakes baked in the oven, as it is identical material to my silicone cupcake pans.  I always prefer to use silicone when baking.  I like how this tray is antibacterial, BpA free, toxin and phthalate free.  Baking in silicone pans and trays make for easy release of the cake, and so frozen items release easily as well.

It is a multiple use storage tray, so if you do not use baby food yet, or only feed breastmilk, this is a great product to try.  I feed my baby baby food, and sometimes pump milk, and then freeze and store it.  This freezer tray makes it easy for using milk within a short period of time, and the cover is handy.  I would not use this for breast milk if I knew I was going to want to store it for a few weeks or months.

The company suggests that you can use this tray for jello molds which is quite fun and something I may try soon.  I personally have had frequent success with using it for large ice cubes for my smoothies, and often freeze my coffee in it the night before, so that when I make a frappuccino it is not watered down by regular ice.  I use about 2-3 bold coffee ice cubes and some milk in my blender with some whipped cream.  Similar use of fruit juice frozen in these would be a nice treat for healthy ice cubes to flavor your water.

The Tutti Bimbi silicone tray is stain and odor free.  It has a secure lid that is translucent and has little clip like edges that grab the tray.  The tray holds 9 x 2.5oz portions and the entire tray stacks on top of other similar freezer trays (we have another baby food tray in a different color and brand).

We like this tray and it performs as well as other other brands. We were sent a tray as a review sample, this is my honest opinion of it.

You can find them on Facebook and Twitter.





No comments:

Post a Comment