Monday, April 20, 2015

Syono Shiatsu Rolling Neck Massager Review




I have frequent migraines, usually about 1-2 times per week.  When I get them, the world stops and I feel like I have just gotten off of a very fast amusement park ride, while someone is pounding my head with a mallet.  Pairing that with light sensitivity and some slight nausea, and I am really feeling spectacular.  I do not take a lot of over the counter medicines and hardly ever take anything prescribed.  I generally try to use something homeopathic or manual pressure to ease my symptoms.

I am not fond of back massages, but I have always liked a head and neck massage or a light scratching on my scalp.  I was happy to be sent a neck massaging device from Syono.  I have reviewed their shoe insoles for my husband and we found them quite favorable, so I thought I would try their Syono Shiatsu Rolling Neck Massager .

This is a blue and white plastic device that is U-shaped and is intended to be opened and closed while rolling across the neck.  This uses the Eastern practice of pressure massaging and can promote relaxation and stimulate the muscles to relive stress, muscle pain, nausea, anxiety, and depression.  This is actually my second massager from the company.  My first one arrived in 4 pieces.  As much as I love Amazon, sometimes their packaging can be a bit on the sparse side.  My unit arrived in a thin white cardboard box, then loose inside a very large brown with some air pocket pillows.  Of course I would not have been able to review the item in that condition so I contacted the company and another was sent out a week later.  For those of you who are wanting to purchase this unit and are concerned, make sure you always select products with Amazon fulfillment, as Amazon does a great job with making things easier with replacements and refunds.  

When the new one came, it was all in one piece and I was able to try it out.  It is a very basic massage unit, however easy to use and works surprisingly well.  I am not saying that it is a miracle device, but it does work well for what it is.  I use it when I have excess stress or a mild headache.  If my migraine is incredibly bad, to be honest, I do not want my head touched, and I just have to go into a dark room, take 2 ibuprofen, and try to sleep with my ocean or water sound machine.  


For regular use, this works great.  Not everyone has migraines and for the basic user, this is a great product.


I do worry about it breaking, as in order to use it you open and close it over your neck.  If you were to open and close to abruptly you may cause tension on the plastic and it could break.  I have only had it a month and have only used it when needed, so am unsure of durability over extended time.


I like how simple this unit is and for just under $15, it is a great deal.  I like how I do not need to purchase batteries or use electricity.  It would be handy for travel.  


Recommended improvements:


I would like to see a reinforced area where it bends, so that this may be used without worry of cracking.  


*This was sent to me from Syono for review, and this is my honest opinion of the product.



















No comments:

Post a Comment