Thursday, February 12, 2015

Yalmeh Y19 premium quality Foundation brush


I have a bit of a collection of makeup brushes I must admit.  I tend to have them in sets and roll up pouches.  I like seeing the pretty brushes all neat and tidy in their sets and I love to keep them freshly washed and ready for their next use.  I have a few favorite, "go to" brushes that I like to always have.  I like kabuki brushes, eyeshadow brushes, blush and mineral foundation brushes, and lastly foundations brushes.  I normally use my tinted Korean brand BB cream as my foundation (Skin79 BB Pink) and then apply a mineral veil type power over to set it.  When I apply my BB cream, (after I have applied my moisturizer and my primer (Tarte Brightening or Bare Minerals Brightening Primer) I usually apply with a wet Beauty Blender sponge or a foundation brush.  I find both to be equally satisfying in application and finished look.

I was sent a foundation brush from the Yalmeh company.  They are a beauty company that specializes in hair and skincare products and tools.   The foundation brush has a doe foot shaped brush head and a comfortable and classy white wooden handle.  I like the thick brush handle and the length of the brush is perfect for me.  This washes up easily and I have not had any hair shed from the brush.  I wash it with unscented Castile soap and plain water.  I lay it to dry on a paper towel overnight. I do not use it for anything other that liquid foundation or BB cream, unless I decide to use a cream brush, then this has been used for that as well.  For powders I use a kabuku or flat kabuki brush.

To apply foundation (or in my case BB cream) I start around my nose and inner cheek area, then I lightly and gently blend outward in tiny sweeping motions.  I often use this brush and "stipple" my foundation / BB cream on my face.  I light to layer my foundation / coverage a little at a time, so as not to make it cakey.  I like this brush and find it suits me well. 


*This brush was sent to me from the company for an honest review.

Connect with the company on Facebook to stay up to date on new products, beauty tips, and promotions.   

Please follow me on Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways. You can also find me on bloglovin , Twitter, and on Instagram.



















No comments:

Post a Comment