Saturday, February 7, 2015

16GB OTG USB Flash Drive for Cell Phones & PCs Review


I was recently sent a flash drive for review from Onite.  Their products include powerbanks, bluetooth devices, cell phone cases, and more.  The flash drive arrived in padded box, looking classy and ready for gift giving (if you so choose, I am keeping mine!).

I was happy to be sent a pretty lime green one in 16 gb which suits me well.  To make me even more happy, a pink one would have been even better. :)  I like the size of this and the bright color is nice.  The size of this flash drive is generous and would be a good fit for many casual users.  My previous flash drives have been 8 gb and it is nice to have this size as an upgrade. 

Here are compatible devices for this flash drive:

Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy SI, Galaxy SII I9100,I9103,9108, Galaxy SIII i9300, Galaxy S4 i9500; Motorola XOOM, TG01, Nokia N8, E7 etc. Cell Phones and Tablet which support OTG Function.

This is a "plug and play" device, that is easily taken with you in your pocket or purse.  I personally would never put in my pocket as I have seen how my chapsticks (and sadly my shirts in my dryer) have fared.  I would be devastated to accidentally leave this in my jeans and have it go through the wash.  However, if you know you won't forget about it, it will indeed fit easily.  This has data encryption for entire disk or just partition data encryption.

Flash drives are convenient modes of storage and transfer of data.   They are easy to use:

To Connect to a Mobile phone:

1. Take the USB disk connector and connect to the phone until the USB icon appears
2. After the connection, open the phone file manager, look for SDA folder in the phone's USB Storage folder. (USB disk space) .
3. You can directly open SDA folders including the pictures, music, video and other files. You can also copy the things you need to the phone. I need to do this to clear off extra space on my cell phone as I load it with lots of pictures (my cell phone is basically my daily camera).

To Connect to Computer:

1. Take the USB disk connecter and attach to computer and follow similar instructions above.

The drive works well.  The color is one I am fond of.  I think it would be nice if there was a a storage case for it that zipped up and had a key chain or caribeener on it.  I like how the company has a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 24-month warranty on their products.

Connect with the company on Facebook for info and updates on new products.  This drive is available on Amazon.

Please follow me on Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways. You can also find me on bloglovin , Twitter, and on Instagram.












No comments:

Post a Comment