Tuesday, October 14, 2014

MY konjac sponge: Charcoal Infused: Reviewed

I love to exfoliate my face and only wash my face with natural methods and ingredients. I use either a face brush, my fingers, or a sponge. My most recent facial cleansing product that I have been using is a 100% natural konjac facial sponge with activated Bamboo Charcoal. I am not new to the konjac sponges and have always had fondness for them. A previous konjac I have used was one infused with Green Tea. The Green tea one was a half sphere shaped sponge with a thicker string. This Bamboo infused kongac has a thinner string and is more of a palm shape and larger. I noticed the charcoal one is softer and not as scrubby. I like using this one to wash my baby. The green tea one I have (from a different company) is more coarse and exfoliates a bit better. I would recommend the charcoal one for more sensitive skin as it is gentler. I do like both brands.


This "MY Konjac Sponge" is made with konjac fiber, "a pure vegetable fiber taken from the root of the Amorphophallus Konjac plant. Konjac plant, also known as konnyaku potato or elephant yam, is a plant that is native to eastern Asia." Konjac has been traditionally used as a beauty treatment for facial or body skin and on babies in eastern Asia. This brand of sponge comes in many different versions, some are infused with various teas, clays, or made in different shapes. All the My konjac sponges are hypoallergenic & fragrance free.

I have had my charcoal infused, MY konjac brand sponge for a month and it is still looking great. It gets lots of use and is ultra gentle. It is recommended to replace every 3 months, but if it begins to tear or fall apart, replace it immediately. This sponge should be sanitized in a bowl of water for about a minute and a half in the microwave every 2 weeks to keep it fresh. I like how easy this sponge is for cleaning my baby. It is ultra gentle on his sweet skin.

For more information on this brand and to connect with the company:

MY konjac sponge website

My konjac sponge facebook

My konjac sponge twitter

My konjac sponge instagram

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



1 comment:

  1. I use either a face brush, my fingers, or a sponge. My most recent facial cleansing product that I have been using is a 100% natural konjac facial sponge with activated Bamboo Charcoal. powder charcoal

    ReplyDelete