Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Gurin Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Diffuser: Reviewed

I love essential oils, fragrances oils, and candles. The difficulty with using fragrance oil burners and candles in our home is that we have a 3 1/2 and a 5 month old. The 5 month old is obviously not crawling or getting into anything yet ("yet" is the key word here), but our 3 1/2 year old is quite inquisitive and I worry she will spill the hot liquid oil on herself or something else or knock over a candle or get burnt. We have fewer options for safe fragrances in the home. When I had the opportunity to try an aromatherapy diffuser that looked nice, took up very little space, was covered (safer) and cold to the touch (safer), I knew this would be a great thing to try.

The company is the Gurin Spa Vapor Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser. This is about 6 inches in height, is the shape of a cylindrical candle, decorated with a dogwood pattern, and plugs into the wall. It is meant to be filled with water and essential oil, and can also act as a soothing light. There is a small button at the bottom that is used to select which color that you want, and another small button for desired time. The colors available to enhance your experience are white, blue, green and red. Each color has a brighter option and a softer option. You can have just the light or just the mist button, or they may be used together. We like how the light can stay on a long time, which means it can be a night light for a child's room, or you can set a timer and the light will go off when the mist shuts off.

Fill the diffuser with water and add essential oil. This one came with a Lavender Essential oil, however it does not smell like any of the 3 different brands of 100% pure Lavender Essential oils I have. This one is much more faint, and purfumey. I found than it was not strong enough when in the diffuser. So I added 3 drops of Peppermint Essential oil and 3 drops of Lemon Essential oil. The directions suggest only 2-3 drops, but I found 2-3 drops of EACH of the 3 worked best for our liking. I decided to put this in my daughter's room to help her sleep. Lavender and Peppermint are very calming fragrances and help with inducing sleep. I plan to use this in the winter months during cold and flu season, and will use Eucalyptus and peppermint for relief of congestion.

The unit starts working right away and I was impressed with the amount of mist that comes out. It really looks nice as well. You can set it for 30, 60, 120 or 160 minutes, we usually do the 60 minute option to lull her to sleep and use her other night light for the rest of the evening. It has the option for green, blue, red or white. We generally use the white as it is the most visually soothing to us and it works best for a night light in my daughter's room. We love the auto shut off for when it runs out of water.

The Gurin ultrasonic aromatherapy diffuser has "2.4 million ultrasonic vibrations per second" and "ionizes essential oil molecules" into the air without heat. I like how it is cool to the touch and won't burn little fingers or mine for that matter. It says it covers an area up to 220Sq ft. We like how this is low energy use and has the auto shut off.




For more info or to purchase this diffuser, it is available on Amazon: Gurin Spa Vapor Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment