Thursday, May 5, 2016

Nursing Cover For Breastfeeding by Cozy Nursing (Review)





I am in my last month of pregnancy (third child) with about 3 weeks to go.  I am not currently nursing, but will be nursing the new baby.  I nursed both previous children until they were about 18 months.  I used nursing covers for both when out in public, but at home, I found it easier to nurse wherever and however necessary (with no cover).  

I was recently sent a nursing cover for review from Cozy Nursing.  I have a variety of covers in all different styles and brands.  My favorite brand was Bebe Au Lait as it seemed well made and thicker material than most brands I have tried.  The downside being that it is generally $30 or more.  The Cozy Nursing cover is $12 with free shipping on Amazon.  I like that it is very similar in style and pattern than the damask grey and white cover that I had from Bebe Au Lait.  The Bebe Au Lait measures approximately 25" long, 33 1/2 " wide and comes in more patterns and colors.  

The neckline as well as the fabric, is thinner than the name brand.  I also noted that the pockets are not lined with white cotton terry like the more expensive brand.  I never used the pockets, so it is not a deal breaker for me.  

The stitching on this Cozy Nursing brand is neat and I did not see any flaws.  It is a nice shade of deep grey and white damask and has a matching storage bag.  It is made of 100% cotton which is breathable and comfortable during all seasons.  The neckline makes it easy to see baby and also allow baby air on warm days.  This cover is slightly smaller (24" long and 32" wide) than the Bebe Au Lait brand.

I have not nursed in this cover, but have looked it over throughly and think for the price it will do well as a cover.  I would have liked it to be thicker in fabric weight, as I worry about windy weather.  I find that the terry cloth lining of the pockets (other brand) and the thicker fabric assist with weighing the cover down so that it does not feel as if it will shift in windy weather.  

This is an attractive cover and will be a nice backup cover for us.  I like having a cover in the car, one in my diaper bag, and one at home (for when family members or other visitors arrive).  It would get quite pricey to have 3-4 of the $30 covers.  This is a good option for those on a budget and it is reasonable if you need to purchase more than one.  It is a gender neutral style and classy.  

I was sent a cover complimentary for review and this is my honest evaluation of it.  No other compensation was provided.



STOCK PHOTO







STOCK PHOTO


Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.


DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.




















No comments:

Post a Comment