Friday, May 13, 2016

6 Strand Cream Classic Illusion Faux Pearl Necklace and Earrings Set (Review)





If you are looking for a faux pearl necklace and earring set for less than $20 (even less than $15) I have an option for you. Please note, that this is not going to be your bridal jewelry or something suitable for an extremely dressy event, at least not in my opinion. The reason being, if you are having high definition, close up pictures taken, the flaws or inconsistencies of this necklace will probably distract from the picture. However, if you are going to a wedding and will not be the main focus of the event (bride or brides maids, mother of bride, etc), or if you are simply going to church or a nice summer party, this will be a fantastic set to wear.

I was sent an evaluation sample of an illusion necklace (faux pearl) and earrings (also faux). The necklace is 6 strands (clear tone, similar to fishing type) and can extend from 16" to 20" with the gold tone extender chain, and looks nice when worn.  I just would not suggest getting professional bridal pictures done wearing this as my necklace did have some issues with the plastic pearls.

The set is sold by Dee Zee Global on Amazon.

I think this would look lovely with a pretty floral sundress and some gold or silver metallic sandals. I particularly love my Salt Water Sandals and am expanding my collection to as many colors as available.  

The earrings are lightweight studs (silver tone) and I will definitely wear them a lot more than the necklace.  The earrings have the large, flat clear plastic backing (with a gold tone metal).  I am not fond of this type of plastic backing, as they do not feel as secure in my opinion, nor do they look very delicate.  I just switched these backs out and used the traditional butterfly like backs.  

This set is priced right at $12 with free Prime shipping.  It works well for semi-dressy occasions where you will not have close up pictures taken.  The earrings are nicer than the necklace.  

I am not fond of the packaging this set arrives in, it cheapens the look of the set.  I think the set should have been in a simple white cardboard jewelry box with the usual white cottony padding.  I think the stock photo on the seller listing looks nice (quite lovely and professional), but does not match the budget packaging the company uses when shipping this set to the consumer.  



Overall, I like the set and will wear it for casual to semi-dressy casual events.  I would prefer the threads to be thinner as they are quite noticeable.  I have worn illusion type necklaces in the past and the pearls appear to float along my neckline.  The strands of clear thread are much more noticeable on this necklace.  

Here is my necklace set, along with my Vintage Stratton face powder compact (from my growing collection).   Again, the packaging needs to be improved.

(This set was sent to me complimentary for evaluation.)



















Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.



DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.
















No comments:

Post a Comment