Sunday, May 1, 2016

First Botany Cosmeceuticals Tea Tree Oil Body and Foot Scrub (Review)





I was sent an exfoliating salt scrub from First Botany. I have reviewed a few of their products in the past and am fond of how they use essential oils, skin butters, and other natural ingredients.  This scrub is sea salt based which is nice because a lot of the scrubs found in mass retail stores are filled with chemicals, sulfates and plastic like beads.  This has 100% pure Dead Sea Salt & Epsom Salt which is effective in exfoliation of dull and or dry skin.  I like how it also includes Vitamin E, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Essential Oil, Chamomile Oil, Rosemary Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Spearmint Oil & Peppermint Oil.  These ingredients are  beneficial to promote healing and disinfecting properties to irritated or damaged skin.  




First Botany's Tea Tree Oil scrub comes in a 12 oz jar and will last you a while.  It is not thinned out with excessive liquid or cream as most scrubs.  It is mainly a dry, solid formula and you can scoop a minimal amount and exfoliate a large area.   It does not feel heavy but leaves a silky, slight oiled feeling afterward.  Since I use this in the shower, I can exfoliate my skin and rinse any excess without feeling like I have put straight oil on my skin.  It is very light, yet effective.  I have no irritation when using this scrub.  I would recommend you exfoliate gently and do not use harsh scrubbing.  I also would not recommend using this after freshly shaving.  

Since I am a frequent user of oil cleansing on my face, I have no problems with breakouts or irritation when using this gently on my face.  I cleanse as usual with either my natural charcoal facial soap or my castile soap, and then follow up with this scrub.  My skin feels soft and smooth afterwards, and my makeup goes on nicer.  

This does have a tea tree scent, which I am not completely fond of, however I do like the benefits of tea tree and so do not mind the scent as it is not overpowering.  It does not linger on my skin after my shower.  Tea tree is anti-fungal and heals skin.  It can assist with preventing and clearing acne.  It is helpful removing body odor as well.  

This scrub works well on my feet, heels and ankles and will prepare your feet for sandal season.  :) I have been growing my collection of Salt Water Sandals and try to get a new color each summer.  

I like this product and had no issues with it.  I do want to mention that my label is a bit bubbly after keeping this on my shower ledge, it unfortunately does not look so pretty now.  I may decide to remove the label and keep the jar bare as it might look nicer.  I have been keeping the foil on my jar to keep it fresher and to prevent water from entering the jar when I need to dip into the jar multiple times in one showering.  






I received a jar complimentary for review, and no other compensation was provided other than the free sample product.

You can find First Botany on Amazon.  Feel free to check out their Facebook page for updates on newly launched products and skincare tips.


Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.

DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog.  I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review.  I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers.  I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions.  My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours. 

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission.  I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment