Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mellanni Striped Bed Sheet Set 1800 thread count (review)





I was recently sent a sheet set for review from Mellanni.  These are listed as 1800 thread count microfiber sheets.  This was our first time trying a material other than cotton.  I prefer cotton, but I wanted to try these as I have never experienced microfiber sheets and I liked the stripes.  I would have preferred to be given a choice of color for my tester set, but the color I received for review is referred to as grey/silver.   I find these to have a sage green tint to them when in the sunlight/bright day light and I am not fond of the color, as they are not a true grey or silver.  I would have preferred a white set or the tan/beige.  They look a bit dark and in some lighting have an army green grey tone.  

They are somewhat shiny and silky and have a much different feel than the matte, crisp feel of cotton.  They do wrinkle quite easily and are a bit thinner than I had hoped.  The material, when paired with our Tempurpedic memory foam mattress makes me wake up rather hot.  I prefer a cotton sheet set as it is more breathable.  

I have only washed these twice so I cannot comment as to the longterm durability of these.  I washed them on cold and dried them in the machine on medium heat.  They are less than $40 for the queen set on Amazon so I obviously was not expecting them to rival a $100 or pricer set.  I am not in love with them, but for the price they are not terrible and we are still using them for now.  

I was sent this product complimentary for review, no other compensation was provided.  This is my individual experience and opinion, my view may differ from yours.    









 In this photo, I am trying to compare the sheets against our window in natural daylight.  The sheet set are on top of a grey shirt of mine. They have a sage green tone in my opinion.




Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.



DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.



















































No comments:

Post a Comment