Thursday, November 20, 2014

X - Shade Car Sunshade: Reviewed

It is now winter, and although you most likely won't complain of entering a hot car, it is nice to have a sunshade for the dashboard to protect from fading and to give a little bit of privacy when parked.  I was given an opportunity to review a  Car Sunshade from the Xshade company.

This is a solar shield that when used in summer or warmer and sunny climates, will keep your car cooler by reflecting the sun. Now this arrived to me in October which is not a warm month where I live.  Any sun that enters our vehicle is a blessing and welcomed.  However, this is a great item for those who are blessed with a warm climate or those who want to save this for summer months.  We personally do not need this much right now, but on days when the sun hits the dash, it is nice to protect from fading or cracking as we do not have a carport or garage.  This is a nice shade and I imagine when the weather gets 90+ that this will come in handy for us.

I have experienced getting into a hot car and it is not pleasant, especially with 2 young children.  We use car seats for our little ones and having a cooler car means cooler car seats for them to get into.  For those driving the car, a hot car can potentially be a hot steering wheel.  We do not have leather interior, however this would help protect vehicles with leather prevent fading or damage.

One use I have found for this shade in wintertime when it is not really needed to keep out heat is when I need to nurse my baby in the parking lot.  I can put this up and not feel like I am staring at another driver who is parked in front of me (often in a shopping center people wait in their cars for a spouse or organize coupons, etc and it frustrates me). I still use my nursing cover, but this gives added privacy in case my little one (who is wiggly) accidentally lifts the cover slightly.  

The Xshade folds for compact storage in its own pouch.  It is made of metallic reflective polyester (nylon) and blocks up to 99% of UV rays.   This comes with a 1 - year money-back guarantee.  It is available on Amazon.

Please excuse the stock pictures, as my phone lost many of my pictures when it died and was replaced.  Sadly some pictures of my kids were included in the bunch.  This still gives you an idea of the shade.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment