Friday, November 7, 2014

Adovia Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Cream: Reviewed




I have been using another Adovia cream on my face, and like other Adovia creams, this one has worked wonderfully for me as well.  Adovia products are natural, skin nourishing, and top quality.   Adovia products contain Dead Sea Salt, plant extracts, essential oils, vitamins and minerals.  This cream is their Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Cream, which comes in the same impressive spa quality frosted glass jar, and has the signature Adovia fragrance that many of the products seem to share. I have been using this cream for about 2 weeks and for 1-2 times per day.  My main focus is the area around my eyes, between my brows, forehead and smile lines.

This cream is very thick in consistency, and dries to a matte finish on me.  This cream is never gritty or oily in application, and it is a cream that does not cause for need of washing my hands after using it.  It absorbs into my face and hands without an oily feeling left on my skin.  I am quite particular when it comes to creams on my hands, I often have to wash my hands immediately so as to not have anything remaining.  I do not like oily lotions on my hands, so this cream works quite nicely for me.

I have not experienced any irritation or discomfort while using this cream.  The fragrance is a bit strong and perfume heavy, but it is not noticeable once the cream is on my face.  I would have preferred this and other Adovia products to smell like lemon essential oil, cucumber aloe, or lavender, perhaps something more fresh or lighter.  Vetiver, Myrrh, Rose Absolut, and some other ingredients may be what lends the perfume type fragrance.  It is definitely a pretty and feminine fragrance, and not a bad smell, just a bit strong for my liking when applying to my face.  It might not be a fragrance that is enjoyed by men that use this cream.  If this was a body cream or hair cream the fragrance would not be of concern to me, I just rather have a lighter fragrance that is applied to my face.  




Size: 1.7 fl oz / 50 ml
  • Smoothes out the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
  • Firms and tones aging skin making it more youthful and refreshed.
  • Infuses skin with Dead Sea Minerals 
  • Seaweed and Aloe Vera feed skin needed nutrients for maintaining naturally youthful skin
  • Helps prevent and delay the appearance of new wrinkles and fine lines.
  • Also contains Silicon and Vitamin A, which increase the firmness and overall vitality of your skin.
Product Directions: Apply a dime size amount of the anti-wrinkle cream to the face in circles in the morning and at night.

My Routine:  I use more than the recommended amount for this product and for most cosmetics. I have other items from the Adovia collection and so I like using them together when possible.  This is my most recent routine: I apply a Vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid serum to my clean face.  I then often will apply a Retinal serum.  After that, I apply Adovia Mineral Lift Serum, followed by this Adovia cream.  My skin care routine often changes depending on what products I have on hand and or if I am testing a new product.  There are some things that always remain as skin care staples for me.

I am not extremely brand particular for my skin care staples unless I find a brand that completely wows me.  These steps are generally effective with several brands, and I use what I have on hand.  I always oil cleanse my face with a single oil or a mixture of several, or use a low ingredient, natural based soap that is free of sulfates.  I always use some form of Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid, whether they are an all in one serum or 2 separate serums, I always follow up with an anti-wrinkle cream and then a facial primer to prepare my skin for my foundation.  Often I use a anti-wrinkle cream as a primer if it is heavy on the Dimethicone (silicone filler for smoothing my pores).  I try to stay away from silicones in my hair products since they tend to buildup in hair, and being a user of sulfate free shampoos, it is difficult to remove  silicone over time.   As for my face, my skin reacts well to silicones, and I often have to rely on them as my pores are extremely large.

This Adovia cream does have the Dimethicone ingredient, with a thick paste texture that I need for my makeup base or primer, so this jar has been used as a primer for me sometimes.  I am not fond of Cetearyl Alcohol that this cream has or some of the other ingredients, but I do like the Glycerin, Collagen, Dead Sea Salt, extracts, Almond oil, and Aloe.  The small amount of Lactic Acid is nice as it assists with skin smoothing, clearing and acts as a mild exfoliant.  
When I apply this cream it makes my skin feel smooth and plump.  It smoothes my pores and enhances firmness and elasticity in my skin with added collagen.

Ingredients: Demineralised Water & Dead Sea Water, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol & Chamomile (Anthemis Noblis) Extract & Algae Extract & Papaya (Carica Papaya) Extract & Aloe Vera Barbadensis Gel, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Caprilyc/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Collagen, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzalkoinium Chloride, Urea, Vetiver, Myrrh (Commiphora Myrrha) Extract, Rose Absolute, Lactic Acid, Dead Sea Salt, Retinyl Palmitate.

For more information on this company, you can find them on Facebook.











I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment