Saturday, November 1, 2014

Acure Organics Shampoo and Conditioner: Lemongrass + Argan Stem Cell: Reviewed

My hair has been smelling fantastic lately. It also has been soft and very clean despite the fact that I only wash my hair every 3-4 days. Being sulfate free for almost a year and a half, has really improved my hair and made it less oily. I have been using the Acure shampoo and conditioner in Lemongrass + Argan and my hair smells fresh for days. I get a whiff of fresh lemongrass whenever a nice breeze goes by.  It is a very nice fragrance and both my husband and I like using it.

This sulfate free shampoo is gentle and effective on cleansing.  It contains organic argan oil, argan stem cells + CoQ10 which helps strengthen hair.  It is safe for color treated hair. The Acure brand always has such wonderful ingredients, and this shampoo is no exception.  Botanical extracts, fruit oils, and essential oils lavish hair strands with moisture and nourishment needed to grow healthy and beautiful. In the past I have tried many brands of sulfate free shampoos and they either were too heavy with oils and would weigh down my hair, making it look heavy and greasy or they would leave a film and stickiness.  This is one shampoo that lathers well, and rinses clean. 

The conditioner is great as well.  It is not heavy on my hair and yet it softens and moisturizes.  I hair very thick, naturally wavy hair that tangles easily, but this works well to prepare my hair for quick combing with my bamboo wood comb.  I probably use more than the average person (a full palm sized amount) but I have found that is what works best for me.

These containers lasted me almost 2 months.  I use generous sized amounts when I wash and condition my hair, but with washing every 3-4 days, this last me a good while.  The containers are 8 oz and $9.99 each.  For me, this is a great value since I can get almost 2 months use from 1 tube. 

This shampoo is very gentle, I have used it several times on my 3 1/2 year old daughter's long hair that reaches down her full back.  My daughter has very fine hair and we do not need the conditioner on her, the shampoo detangles her hair as a stand alone product.  I am not sure how tear free it is, but I make sure to rinse slowly and keep it out of her eyes. 

This is a fantastic company and  I really like this shampoo and conditioner.  I fully recommend it if you are looking for a sulfate free hair wash that gives results.  My bottle is now empty and I hope to try another shampoo and conditioner from Acure soon. 


Shampoo Ingredients:


Organic Euterpe oleracea (Acai) Berry, Organic Rubus fruticosus (Blackberry), Organic Rosa canina (Rosehips), Organic Punica granatum (Pomegranate), Organic Fair Trade Certified™ Rooibos, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Vera Leaf Juice, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (from Coconut), 100% Naturally-derived Betaine (from Sugar Beets), Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (from Coconut + Amino Acids), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate (from Coconut + Amino Acids), Cocoglucosides Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Sugar Conditioner), Sodium Levulinate (from Corn), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar gum conditioner), Potassium Sorbate (food grade preservative), Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Organic Fair-Trade Certified™ Olea Europea (Olive) Oil, D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (vitamin E), Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Argania spinosa (Argan) Stem Cells,  Organic Persea americana (Avocado) oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass), Lavendula Dentata (French Lavender), Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss), & Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Essential Oils

 
Conditioner Ingredients:



Organic Euterpe oleracea (Acai) Berry, Organic Rubus fruticosus (Blackberry), Organic Rosa canina (Rosehips), Organic Punica granatum (Pomegranate), Organic Fair Trade Certified™ Rooibos, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearylkonium Chloride, Vegetable Glycerin, Glucono Delta Lactone (fermented sugar), Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside (from corn and glucose), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (guar gum conditioner), Glyceryl Stearate (vegetable-derived), L-Arginine (amino acid), Organic Fair Trade Certified™ Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Sorbitan Olivate (from olives + sugar), Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Cellulose (plant derived), D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (vitamin. E), Lactic Acid (vegetable derived), Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Argania spinosa (Argan) Stem Cell Culture, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass), Lavendula Dentata (French Lavender), Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss), & Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Essential Oils


For more information on Acure, or to purchase any of their products, visit their website:  Acure Organics
I love how the website truly has free shipping.  I am always frustrated when a company boasts about free shipping, but when you visit the website, they notify you that shipping is only free is you purchase $39 (or often $49 or more) of products.  That is what keeps me from ordering and returning to a website.  Their free ground shipping is a nice aspect.  

Follow them on Facebook to stay up to date on sales and new products.









 
**This was sent to me complementary to review, all opinions are my own.**






No comments:

Post a Comment