Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Key West Retinol 2.5% Cream: Reviewed




I have recently been using Retinol serums and creams on my face.  I had heard of it before but had never used it.  The retinol product I have been using for the past 2 weeks is from the Key West Health and Beauty company.  It comes in a 1.7 oz  airless pump and is made with certified organic ingredients.  The container is sleek and comfortable to hold and has a simple, but attractive font with a small palm tree logo.   The cream is gentle on my skin, yet effective.  I like how it does not have a strong fragrance, however if it did have a fragrance, I would have loved a coconut or coconut lime scent to further remind me of Key West. :)

The antioxidant rich Vitamin A cream assists with smoothing and firming skin, while also clearing acne and blemishes.  I find this cream to work well with my current routine.  After my shower, I apply my Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid then apply the Retinol cream.  It does not take very long to absorb into my skin.  I do not find this cream sticky or greasy.  It applies smooth and my skin feels nice afterward.  I apply it morning and night.  I do suggest that if you have not used Retinol previously or if your skin is sensitive, to work up to using it twice a day.  This will make your skin more sensitive, so please make sure to wear sunscreen.  Luckily my BB cream and mineral foundation have SPF 25 in them.

I have only used this brand for 2 weeks but have found it to be providing excellent results so far.  This has a higher percentage of retinol than others I have seen.   The company does not test on animals and  is paraben free.  It has some fantastic ingredients as well:

Ingredients
Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Oil), Isopropyl Palmitate (Palm Oil), Pentylene Glycol, Phospholipids, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Cassia Angustifolia Seed, Polysaccharide, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Wildcrafted Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea), Wildcrafted Resina Propoli (Propolis), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid.


For more information on this company and to stay up to date on new products, you can connect with them on Facebook.  This cream is available on Amazon.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment