Monday, November 10, 2014

Kiva Stevia Powder: Reviewed


I have never been a frequent user or lover of sweeteners other than sugar or pure honey.  My husband likes using Stevia and Splenda.  For me, it is always a strange taste, either super sweet or bitter.   I have tried use either of these products a few times but cannot make the switch.  I had heard a while back about the possible traces of chemicals and formaldehyde in Splenda, so I have tried to request to my husband that he finds an alternative.   I had the opportunity to try a Stevia sweetener from the Kiva Health Food.   I have tried their Cacao powder in the past and loved it in my daily protein smoothie. This Stevia comes in an 8 oz container that is convenient to use.  I personally do not like the flavor of this or any other Stevia, as the bitterness is sometime I cannot get used to.  I am a gal who likes fresh strawberries with some sugar sprinkled on it and Stevia seems too bitter.  

My husband does like this Stevia and uses it in his coffee.  I want to mention than a tiny bit goes a long way.  I made the mistake of putting almost a full tsp. in his mug of coffee, when you really only need 1/8 tsp or less.  I do like the container, it is attractive and a convenient shape and size.  I think it might be useful if it came with a shaker lid as well for those who like putting some of it on fruit.  I like how it is said to be high-purity (99% REB-A) organic, non GMO stevia grown in the USA.  I have seen other products that are not USA made and it concerns me.   I think it would be helpful for those who need to control their sugar intake due to health issues or weight loss goals.   For me, I do not use sugar very often so i do not feel the need to use something like this.  I find a lot of benefits in having 1 tsp of raw local honey in my hot tea every now and then.  

This Stevia is a good option for my husband and I appreciate the conversion table on the container, I should have looked at that before making his coffee. :) He drank it, but had an eye opening sweet shock.  This Kiva Stevia is conveniently sitting next to our coffee brewer and does not take up much space on our small kitchen counter. 

Conversion: Sugar to Kiva Organic Stevia
1 Tsp (sugar) = 1/8 Tsp (Kiva Organic Stevia) 

1 Tbsp (sugar) = 1/3 Tsp (Kiva Organic Stevia) 
1/4 cup (sugar) = 1/2 Tbsp (Kiva Organic Stevia) 
1/2 cup (sugar) = 1 Tbsp (Kiva Organic Stevia) 
1 cup (sugar) = 2 Tbsp (Kiva Organic Stevia)

For more information, you can find Kiva on Facebook and Twitter.










I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment