Friday, April 22, 2016

Phytopia Stretch Mark Remover Essential Oil Blend for Massage, Aromatherapy, and used as a Natural Body Perfume (Review)







As I am in my last month of pregnancy (my third) my skin is drier than usual and lacking the moisture it needs. My belly has grown significantly and does have stretch marks. I do not use the usual Palmers Cocoa Butter as it is not completely natural. Although I like the fragrance, and the fact that it is USA made and against animal testing, it has added fillers, silicones, and chemicals that I stay away from. (Alcohol being included which dries out the skin).

Theobroma Cacao Extract (Cocoa), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Beta Carotene (CI 40800), Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate

I prefer using virgin unrefined coco butter, shea butter and coconut oil, and mix it together to form a balm, then add in some essential oils and carrier oils for added healing. I was sent a stretch mark oil from Phytopia for review (complimentary). Now please let it be said, I do review mainly items sent to me at no cost or at a highly discounted rate. But I refuse a lot of offers from companies that I know have ingredients I stay away from, and I also always state in my reviews my honest feelings on a product. I do not use many chemicals on my body (or my children's body) and as for household cleaning products, we mainly use natural based products combined with essential oils. I do still use some mainstream makeups and perfumes that are not natural based. But for the most part, I do not use products containing ingredients that I am unsure about or cannot pronounce.

This oil from Phytopia is a blend of essential and carrier oils. It is housed in an amber glass bottle. This Stretch Mark Remover uses only all-natural 100% organic and therapeutic grade essential oils and carrier oils combined to aid in stretch mark removal. Now I have used this off an on for a few weeks, and do still have stretch marks. But please note, something like this will generally not provide incredible shocking results after a few uses. It took months of my skin expanding to create these marks and stretching to the skin.  This blend (and natural butters and oils) penetrates deep into the skin and can assist with improving the appearance of your stretch marks and fine lines on your belly left from pregnancy.  

I oil cleanse my face several times per week (wash my face with oils and remove my makeup with oils) and over the past year and a half of using oils on my skin, I can tell you that my skin has improved and is more supple and even clearer. I rarely get acne despite being pregnant. My skin has more balanced oil production as it is not stripped of its natural sebum. I like how this is already blended with nourishing oils and I find it does not have a heavy or greasy feeling to it. It has a good glide over my skin and I use it after showering. I actually use it on my arms, wrists, and shoulders as a moisturizing natural perfume. The fragrance is light, feminine, and warm. It is a romantic, musky scent I think. The ingredients are 100% organic and therapeutic grade. The main ingredients include Neroli, Petitgrain and Mandarin, it also contains olive virgin, rosehip, evening primerose, and jojoba carrier oils.



I really like this oil and am also evaluating another oil from this company as well.  Keep a look out for that review as well. :)






Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.


DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.















No comments:

Post a Comment