Saturday, April 23, 2016

Magnesium Natural Sea Spray Deodorant (FRESH COCONUT & LIME) Review




I have been using natural deodorant for about 3 years.  I either make it myself or purchase it from a seller on Etsy or a website that has used ingredients that I love and trust.  Sadly a lot of the natural deodorants I have tried from Whole Foods or similar natural stores either do not work so well or they have Baking Soda (makes me itch and often get a rash).  I have found that Lavanila works well for me but it is pricy at about $15.   I have found that magnesium oil works well for me and I have made my own using Magnesium powder, coconut oil, aloe, and some essential oils.  

I was excited when given the opportunity to review a Magnesium spray deodorant (I paid a discounted price) from Skin2Spirit.  This deodorant is a 4 oz spray and comes in several fragrances.  I selected coconut lime and am happy with my choice.  


Magnesium Oil is made from Magnesium Chloride from the Dead Sea.  Magnesium is  a natural mineral with numerous health benefits and healing qualities.  Here are some of the issues and ailments that can be improved with a proper balance of magnesium in the body: anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, sleep disorders, sore muscles, cramps, depression, bowel health, joint pain, migraines and more.  In addition, since it is anti-microbial, it makes a wonderful deodorant as it can prevent odor and bacteria.  

I have known of the wonders of Magnesium for a few years now and love finding ways to keep my body's levels on track.  I used to use the powdered Magnesium from Natural Vitality  (they have unflavored and various fruit versions) and mix into my orange juice or water.  I have yet to mix into my daily smoothie, but I am sure that is a fantastic option.  Magnesium is so beneficial and when you are lacking it, your body suffers.  

I am loving this magnesium spray deodorant.  I do want to mention that if your body is severely lacking magnesium, or if you are new to using Magnesium as a body spray on your under arms or anywhere else, you may have a slight tinging or even a stinging sensation for up to a week, perhaps a bit longer.  This is normal and is not necessarily a sign that you will be sensitive to using this product.  

I also want to mention, that if you are new to natural deodorants, your body will go through a detox period of anywhere between 2 weeks and a month.  (Meaning it may seem that you are not smelling as fresh as you like in that time period.)  I have gone 3 years without using mainstream deodorants and and when I was in the detox phase I almost gave up.  I am so glad I stuck with it, as I have less body odor than when I used the extra strength products.  I used to Use Lady Mitchem and Clinical Strength deodorants.  Those were full of chemicals and Aluminum Zirconium which is used as an antiperspirant in many deodorant products. It is particularly harmful as it obstructs pores in the skin and prevents sweat from leaving the body.  Our bodies are meant to sweat, as it is a way for the body to breathe and remove toxins.  I do want to tell you that since I have been using natural deodorants, I actually feel fresher, smell fresher and my sweating is less, but at a natural and balanced state.  I find this deodorant spray to work well and I use it alone as well as in addition to my other natural deodorants.  

Ingredients:

Purified Water, Organic Aloe, Magnesium Chloride, Witch Hazel (alcohol free), Essential Oils and / or Natural Flavors / Scents, Glycerine, Potassium Sorbate, Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Citric Acid (Vitamin C), Water


MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE OIL: Pure and natural from the Dead Sea, antiviral, antimicrobial, helps reduce odor from bacteria

ORGANIC ALOE: Moisturizer, emollient, and excellent for scars, burns, rashes, and dry skin.

WITCH HAZEL (Alcohol Free): Soothing, natural astringent to help alleviate stinging for sensitive skin. Antibacterial & anti-inflammatory

ESSENTIAL OILS: Including Tea Tree, a natural antibacterial and anti-fungal solution from the Melaleuca tree

SILVER CITRATE / POTASSIUM SORBATE: When combined make a powerful broad spectrum antimicrobial that helps stop odor in its tracks

Apply 3-4 sprays to underarms after shower or bath - again at night if needed.  Please note that it may sting on freshly shaven underarms.  I spray this on my chest between my cleavage and under my chest area to stay fresh and smelling pretty.  This is so refreshing especially in the hot summer months when I tend to perspire in those areas.  The manufacturer states this bottle will last 6 months, I am not so sure my bottle will last last long as I use it on my chest areas as well.  I have used quite a lot of my bottle in one month of daily use (about 1/4).  I would possibly say that 3 months is how long my bottle will last me, but still for roughly $12, even 3 months use is great.  I highly recommend this product.  










Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.


DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.











No comments:

Post a Comment