Saturday, April 9, 2016

Cocoa Butter 100% Pure Raw Unrefined 1LB by Natural Goddess Beauty (Review)





As I am now in my third trimester, my tummy and overall skin has been stretching and very itchy lately. I do not use the typical skin creams and lotions as they are full of chemicals and often full of alcohols and other ingredients that can further irritate and dry out skin. My pickiness with skin and body care products has not just been throughout my pregnancy, but rather my whole outlook on cosmetics, body/skin care and household products have changed over the last 3-4 years. I do not use sulfates and try to limit my use of chemicals in the home and on my (and my family's body).

I try to use basic, natural ingredients and combine them for making balms and home remedies. I was sent a 1 lb. jar of Cocoa Butter from Natural Goddess Beauty.  Cocoa Butter is an excellent base for many of the daily skin and body care items in our home.  I  love the fragrance of Cocoa Butter, it smells exactly like raw chocolate chip cookie dough.  :)





This jar of Cocoa Butter will last me a while, even with all the uses I have in mind for it.  Currently I am mixing some of it with raw unrefined Shea Butter and raw unrefined, virgin Coconut Oil and using the mixture for various skin ailments such as stretch marks, rashes, itchy skin, cracked knuckles, and baby bottoms. :) For the diaper rash bottom balm, I add some Calendula petal infused Argan and Jojoba oil, lavender and tea tree, and some melted beeswax.  We cloth diaper and this is fairly safe for use with our diapers, but I do use a micro fleece strip of fabric as a barrier between baby bottom and diaper so that the balm does not stain or cause repelling on the diaper.

I am currently 33 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby, and so I have been finishing up my hospital bag for my scheduled C section.  I will most likely be there 3-4 days and so have made some small travel jars of skin care products for myself and new baby.  I do not want to use Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly on new baby (which is what hospitals generally use) so I am bringing some homemade baby bottom balm and some belly balm for me.






I found some cute pale pink vintage toiletry jars and am packing my vintage avocado green American Tourister Train case.

This Cocoa Butter is of nice quality and smells wonderful.  It is in a very solid form and does need to be scraped out of the jar with some careful effort.  I might recommend securing the lid on the jar and then warming the jar a bit with some warm water and then reopening and using a stainless steel spoon (at least that is what I did).




I like how useful Cocoa Butter is for making all sorts of skin care products.  It is wonderful even by itself if you do not happen to have other ingredients to make a more fancier balm.  I have been using this since it arrived and am very happy with it.  I was sent this jar complimentary for my honest evaluation and have issues or complaints.

For more information on Natural Beauty Goddess products, you can visit their website, and also find them on Amazon.





Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.


DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog.  I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review.  I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers.  I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions.  My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours. 


Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission.  I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment