Thursday, April 21, 2016

1byone Belt-Drive 3-Speed​​ Portable Stereo Turntable Record Player with Built in Speakers Review



I am in my early thirties and fondly remember growing up with listening to vintage Disneyland storybook records. They were vintage even then, but of course I did not know that. They entertained me for hours and were a treat. Now that I have children of my own, I want to share with them the excitement of listening to stories on record. My husband and I have purchased numerous vintage records from second hand shops, eBay and Etsy over the years and are slowly building a nice little collection. My daughter is 5 and enjoys books and music. I read to her before bedtime each night and then often put on a vintage story record for her to listen to as she sleeps. She also likes to listen during the day while she plays in her room.



I was recently sent a portable turn table (seems to be the hip word to describe them these days--but they are record players to me) from 1byone. I had not heard of the brand previously, but when I was offered to review it and saw how cute and retro the player looked, I excitedly agreed. My husband and I love retro decor and most of our home decor in our home is vintage items we have purchased. This record player is in a pretty shade of sky blue and is portable in a suitcase. This has RCA and headphone jack outputs / line in port (please note that an audio cable is not included). We have a mix of the small and large size vintage records, and so I am happy that this is 33 / 45 / 78 RPM speeds compatible with various settings. When playing a small 45 rpm record, use the included 45rpm adapter that is located in the holder near the tone arm. Since we use this frequently at night, I am happy that this has an auto shut off feature since I do not have my daughter control the player. I like that I do not have to remember to turn off anything after it finishes the story. There is an auto on/off switch and when it is is turned on, the record will stop automatically when finished. This is easy to move from one room of the house to another. We generally keep it in her room on the shelf, but this week we have had it in the living room where the children (5 year old and 2 year old) play.





I have only had this a month, but it is a great low priced player for us and we have not had any issues with it working. We do already have a record player, but this one is portable and very lightweight.  It is currently available to purchase on Amazon.






















Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.


DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.
























No comments:

Post a Comment