Thursday, January 22, 2015

Super Hemp Hulled Hemp Seeds: Reviewed

I was sent some hemp seeds to sample and I am happy that I tried them as they are quite delicious straight out of the bag and even more so when added to another food.  I like eating various seeds and nuts, and these remind me of sunflower seeds, but much softer and slightly creamy and buttery.  These make for a toasty salad topping and provide a boost of nutrition to my already fantastic steel cut oatmeal. 

Hemp seeds contain essential omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, are high in protein, rich in iron, vitamin E, contain amino acids and dietary fiber. They are definitely a Super Food.  Fatty acids are important because they promote heart health, lower triglycerides, reduce inflammation, promote healthy cognition, and keep your immune system healthy.   I like how easy they are to snack on.  I often go into the kitchen and get a sauce cup and scoop some seeds into it and have a plant base, 10 grams of protein, pick me up.

Super Hemp come in a resealable bag and are shelled, USDA-certified-organic hemp seeds. I like how the brand Super Hemp uses Cold-processed methods and raw hemp seeds.  I am not sure what other brands do when they process their seeds, but I do know the importance of cold processing, so that the nutrients are preserved.
.
Super Hemp hulled hemp seeds are a fantastic ingredient in my smoothies.  I have been making a easy smoothie from coconut almond milk, 1/3 cup of hemp seeds, 1 teaspoon of pure organic cacao powder, 1 large ice cube, and a teaspoon of Xylitol natural sweetener (from Birch not corn).  I blend this in my blender and enjoy.  It really surprised me the first time I made it. I have not tried baking with the hemp seeds, but I am sure this would make a nice lemon poppy seed  and hemp muffin batch, as well as be a delicious ingredient in banana nut bread.

I am enjoying these seeds and am excited to see what else I can create with them.  *Sample bag send for review.









No comments:

Post a Comment