Monday, August 11, 2014

Simply Vitamin C Serum: Reviewed

I am reviewing another Vitamin C serum. I have been testing out a variety of these over the last year and although one would possibly wonder if there really is any difference in the brands, I will say that there is a difference. I have found that consistency, application, ingredients and fragrance are often varied among brands. Most of the ones I have tested were 1 oz bottles (with the exception of one other company that was 2 oz), I was pleasantly surprised to see that Simply Vitamin C brand was a 2 oz bottle as well.

A lot of the Vitamin C serums I have tried mention the ingredients while including "Organic Herbal Infusion" and do not list those ingredients, and while the ingredients are safe and organic, I would love to know what they are. I like how this brand tells me exactly what is in it. The blend the other companies speak of might perhaps be "Organic Herbal blend of Wildcrafted Horsetail, Dandelion, Wild Geranium and Organic Gotu Kola" (which is what is contained in this Vitamin C), however, I prefer seeing exactly what is in it. I appreciate that this company prints all the ingredients.

Ingredients
Organic Herbal blend of Wildcrafted Horsetail, Dandelion, Wild Geranium and Organic Gotu Kola, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (botanical hyaluronic acid), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Carbomer, (2s)-2-Amino-5-guanidinopentanoic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin. 20% Vitamin C, 98% Natural, 72% Organic.

The bottle arrived to me safely and packaged well. No contents were leaking. The bottle is a dark amber color which is important so as to preserve the purity and potency of the ingredients. When light passes through, ingredients can potentially change (and lessen in strength) over time. I like how the company puts such faith in their product, the results, and its authenticity, that they off a full "100% Money Back, No Questions Asked Guarantee".

This is 20% Vitamin C with Hyaluronic Acid and Amino Complex. I use a separate Hyaluronic Acid in addition to my Vitamin C, but the fact that this has that added ingredient is fantastic, so that it is not needed to purchase 2 products. This saves money, counter space, and time. Another wonderful thing about Simply Vitamin C is that it is manufactured in the USA. It is 98% Natural and 72% Organic. I like how it is Alcohol Free, Paraban Free, and Not tested on animals. I applied this every day for 2 weeks so far and although I have not seen drastic results or improvements yet, it is too soon to make any impressive claims. I have noticed that my skin is soft, smooth, and hydrated. I had not had any dry areas, and it has not been irritated or red.

I enjoy putting this on and it is super easy to apply. I keep this in my medicine cabinet and apply immediately after my shower each day. It soaks it and does not leave my face sticky or oily. I do feel the product on my hands after application when I apply it liberally, then rinse any excess off. I do sometimes apply this to the tops/backs of my hands every now and then for added hydration. My knuckles and tops of my hands do get dry from over washing (even though I am sulfate free). I like that it has Vitamin E in it.

Another fantastic ingredient, "Horsetail" is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Over the years, I have always used Horsetail for hair and nails. My vitamins and herbal teas would often contain it as it strengthens hair (and nails) and provides a healthy luster. It has the ability to assist with healing wounds, rashes, acne, and other skin problems. Horsetail is very popular for use in cosmetics and anti-aging creams, and assists collagen production (due to silica). Source, NaturalAlternativeRemedy.com

This Vitamin C serum also contains Dandelion, which is rich in vitamins A, C, and E. Dandelions also have detoxing and antiaging properties and are great for acne prone skin. Source, Style Craze Geranium is great for skin as well. It is antibacterial, helpful in tightening skin, and can help diminish scars. Source, Mixers Nutrition There are many other great ingredients in this serum, such as Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil (a favorite of mine), Vegetable Glycerin, and others.

I think this is a great product if you are looking for a Vitamin C serum. For the size of the bottle, it is just under $20 currently on Amazon:Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid


Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid

If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate this as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased.


Please follow me on Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways. Check me out on bloglovin and Twitter.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.




No comments:

Post a Comment