Wednesday, August 6, 2014

FoxBrim Hyaluronic Acid: Reviewed



I have tried a lot of beauty and anti-aging serums lately. In fact I am getting quite the collection. They are often similar at first glance, but I have found some differences that make some more favorable in my eyes and which get heavier use. Some seem to have added ingredients, some are thicker, some have a more pleasant fragrance, etc.

I have recently been testing out another hyaluronic acid. This one is from the FoxBrim company: (See the product on Amazon: Hyaluronic Acid Serum)

I had reviewed another one of their products a few weeks ago: FoxBrim Youthful Radiance Eye Cream.

This Hyaluronic acid serum has been used by me each day for the past 2 weeks. I have used it on my face and I also use it on the tops of my hands. My hands get very sensitive to certain soaps and weather conditions (extreme heat and extreme cold) and often get blotchy and get tiny red dots on them. I have stopped using regular shampoo and soaps that contain any form of sulfates, however, even some sulfate free cleansers bother my hands. Being a mother of an infant and a 3 1/2 year old, I am constantly washing my hands. This irritates my hands and so after I wash my hands, I pat them dry, then put either pure aloe vera gel, or lotion on them. I generally dislike putting lotion on my hands, as I do not like my hands to feel coated, greasy, or be afraid I will get lotion stains on something, such as clothing, the furniture, or my purse. So I had been using aloe gel for the most part. But one day when I was using my hyaluronic acid on my face, I had some excess on my hands (I often pump more than I really need, it really feels wonderful on my face---especially if you keep it in the fridge during the summer) and so I rubbed it into the top of my hand near my knuckles and fingers. I instantly felt soothing and moisture, yet my hands were not greasy or sticky. It absorbed into my skin, and felt very similar to the aloe vera I would use.

I then started putting this on my hands as well as my face. I find that 1 drop(about half the size of a dime) will cover both backs of my hands. I recently cut my thumb by prying my tuna can open with a fork (our can opener was not working the best and I wanted that tuna!) and sliced my thumb on the jagged can edge. So I have been putting the hyaluronic acid on the wound as it heals. I am hoping it wont scar.


The ingredients in this serum are quite nice, and they will probably heal my thumb nicely. Some of the ingredients are Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, MSM, Witch Hazel, Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera, Vegetable Glycerin and Green Tea. The above ingredients are all excellent for skin and all have some sort of anti-aging benefit. I use Jojoba, Vitamin C, Aloe, and Vegetable Glycerin quite regularly in my skin and beauty treatments.

Here is a list of the ingredients in full:


Ingredients:
Organic Herbal Infusion, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (botanical hyaluronic acid), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Carrageenan Gum, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Wildcrafted Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea), Pelargonium Gravolens (Geranium Essential Oil), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin.

NO parabens, NO additives, NO fillers. Not Tested on Animals.

Here is my regimen for using it on my face each day:

I use it twice a day on my face and neck. After I shower, I apply my Vitamin C serum, Hyaluronic acid serum, then apply a Retinal serum. I finish with a light moisturizer, or if my skin seems well moisturized, I skip the moisturizer, and just put on my foundation primer (which acts as a base for my foundation and moisturizes) and BB cream (Skin 79 Super Hot Pink--fav!) I then finish the rest of my make up. My night routine is a little different.

My night routine Directions:

Since I have makeup on from earlier in the day, and always wear eye makeup (liner, mascara, shadow, etc,) I remove my makeup with my oil mixture at night. (I oil cleanse: Usually a mix of argan oil, rosehip, jojoba, castor oil and vegetable glycern. Sometimes I make it simple and just use some argan and glycerin--sometimes I am TIRED after a long day). My makeup is removed super fast, yet gentle with this oil method. I then proceed with my oil cleansing and steaming. I adore oil cleansing, my naturally oily skin is no longer an oily, shiny mess during the day and my breakouts are gone. I have fewer blackheads. (Search my blog for the exact method if interested).

After my face is cleansed and patted dry, I often use toner. I like Using Thayer's Witch Hazel in Lemon. If you are going to use a toner, apply the toner before the serum. I apply 2-3 droplets (NOT droppers full) of the hyaluronic acid to my entire face, neck and décolleté. I often use my Vitamin C serum as well. I finish with some sort of anti-wrinkle cream.

I like this serum, it is thicker than others I have tried. See this picture:

The FoxBrim is the thicker, more rounded drop and the "other" brand is watery and runny. They both smell similar, a bit more perfumy than I would like. I would prefer the serums to smell like lavender or tea tree. (I promise I am not a hippy, lol).


If you are looking for a hyaluronic acid, you might want to check them out. I also like their logo. The fox is cute.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.




2 comments:

  1. I'm curious as to how this compares to the brand I have. I love trying different brands to see which one is best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What brand do you have? I have tried many. I do know several of them smell very similar and perfume like, however, this one definitely was thicker and was not thin or watery at all. You could look at the ingredients listed on your brand, and see how they compare. I have seen several that have the same ingredients, and yet are different in the way they apply. Some may have more of 1 or 2 particular ingredients than another brand. Also one brand I have tried in the past was sticky (almost a soapy feeling) on my hands after application, this one was not sticky in my opinion. Thank you for the comment Alisha!

      Delete