Thursday, July 30, 2015

Baltic Amber Teething Necklace (Cognac) by Baltic Wonder (Review)





We have used Baltic Amber for both children since they were a few months old. My daughter is 4 1/2 and still wears amber as it seems to help with her mood and also acts as a light pain reliever. She has only used Children's / Baby Tylenol twice in her life. She removes her necklaces when she bathes and swims, otherwise they are on her non stop. I realize some parents choose to remove their child's necklace(s) when sleeping, but we keep them on as they are loose on her and we do not feel they are an issue.

I was sent another Baltic Amber necklace for review. The one I will speak briefly about today, is a polished cognac amber from Baltic Wonder. This was originally intended for our 14 month old son who is teething, but this necklace fit my 4 1/2 year old daughter much better with plenty of room to grow.  I had already had a custom baby sized necklace made for him (2 actually) when he was around 5 months of age, so he is not wearing this one as it is much too loose.

My daughter wears this one with her 2 other Baltic Amber necklaces.  She loves it and I think it looks nice on her.  It is a nice neutral color and goes with everything. I would have preferred this to be the raw, unpolished amber like her other 2 necklaces as the raw seems to be a bit stronger.  But since she is not teething, has 2 unpolished ones already, and does not have much of any pains that would need a stronger amber, I still like this necklace and recommend it.  However, to be honest, I definitely would suggest to the company to think about offering raw, unpolished amber as well.  I prefer the appearance of the raw as it also looks more natural and like a stone.

I thought the muslin cloth bag was a nice addition for storing the necklace when she is around water/chlorine/soap (do not wear these swimming or bathing).  As with all baltic amber teething necklaces, this is knotted between each bead so that if one bead breaks off, only one is lost.  In case you are not familiar, these necklaces should never be chewed on, or used for teething in the sense of putting teeth on them.  They are worn against the skin and when the natural body heat warms the beads, they release succinic acid, which provides the light pain relief.

I like the necklace and it seems to be authentic.  I would have liked for this to have be actually made by the sellers locally (such as the ones I buy from etsy that are custom made for my children in the colors and lengths I request), however I think it is made from the actual supplier of the amber, outside the US (but i am not completely sure).  I do like how they provide a guarantee of authenticy.

*I was provided a sample necklace for evaluation.  All opinions are my own.

This is available on Amazon.






















No comments:

Post a Comment