Friday, August 7, 2015

Natrol Melatonin Fast Dissolve Tablets 1 mg (Review)


I have severe insomnia.  I often (several times per week) do not fall asleep until 4 am or later, which is tough with a stay at home 4 year old and a 15 month old (baby sleeps in our room).  Often I fall asleep around the time my husband starts to get up for work, and then I wake up again when his car leaves around 5:40 am.  It is not until 6 am that I am fully back to sleep a few short hours and then my 4 year old wakes me up at 9 am.  

I was recently sent some instant dissolve Melatonin tabs from Natrol.  

I am a tired gal, especially since from 6 am till 9 am my baby wakes up at least once during that time.  I am not new to melatonin.  I used to take 5mg in a store brand tablet that needed to be swallowed.  I then stopped using it for a few years until in the last year I learned of MidNite brand instant dissolving tabs.  I usually took 2 of the 1.5 mg of those.  I was given the opportunity to try these by Natrol in the 1 mg tab this past month.  They seem slightly larger in size than the MidNite and are slightly lower in dosage.  The MidNite ones are cherry and are less chalky than the strawberry flavored Natrol brand, but both taste pretty great for a dissolving tab.  I do like being able to take 1 of the 1mg or as many as 3 if I need to.  I have tried taking only 1mg of the Natrol and it did not work so well for me.   I would not become sleepy.

I find the best dosage for me to feel like I am naturally getting sleepy (and not knock out exhausted or groggy), is to take 2 of the Natrol about 45 minutes to an hour before bed (which means I need to try to take them around 11 pm so that I am in bed by 12 am with plenty of sleep through the night).  I find that if I take 3 of these I need to make sure I take them when I know I have a full nights sleep available (and perhaps longer).

I get up through the night with the baby anywhere between 2-3 times, so taking 3 of these makes night feedings and changings rough.  I was groggy a few times when taking 3 of these.  I did find that I feel less groggy with the MidNite version of the 1.5 mg (taking 2-3) than 2-3 of this Natrol brand.  I am not sure why.  I do like how the Midnite brand contains Lemon Balm and Chamomile which are claiming to me.  This brand does not have those ingredients.

I do like this brand and the price is great for when I need more.  I do not think it is as good as the MidNite brand, but it is just that the other brand works best for me.  This brand may work best for you.  For the price, go ahead and try them, as they are a good product.  I just find it often makes me groggy in the mornings.  

*Product received complimentary for my honest evaluation.  This worked okay for me, and I will continue to use them as they are reasonable in price and easy to use.  I still do recommend them despite the other brand working best for me personally.

For more information about this brand and the products they provide, find them on Facebook






No comments:

Post a Comment