Monday, August 17, 2015

I've Been Carded, Black Soap Facial Wash Review







I've Been Carded, Black Soap Facial Wash was sent to me at no charge for my honest opinion and evaluation.  I hope this helps you decide if it is right for you.  This product is from Desired Diva and comes in a classy 2 oz jar.  The jar is one thing I really love about it, but first, the soap.

I really like this soap. I have tried African Black soap in the past (love it) but would always have large rough pieces of ash that would scratch my skin (not fun) if I was not careful and perhaps in a rush of my routine. This soap does have exfoliative properties, but it is from the coffee and is finely ground.  Black soap is rich in Vitamins A and E and is a great option for me to use as I am sulfate free and use natural products.  I love that it has Shea Butter in it which is moisturizing, provides a smooth texture to the soap and to our skin, and has healing properties.  This also has coffee which acts as the light exfoliation and provides a touch of caffeine in the skin which has been added to various high end skincare to tone skin and sometimes assist with dark circles and circulation.

I love coffee and so was intrigued to find a soap with it added, sadly this soap, or at least my jar, does not smells as fresh or as nice as I had imagined. It smells sort of like musty wet coffee grounds that have been sitting for a few days. Now it is not so terrible that I smell it while it is on my face or after, it just smells this way in the jar and when dug out. I love the smell of coffee and would have loved this to have the invigorating fragrance to help wake me up in the morning. 

Everything else about the product is fantastic. I have had this a month and as seen, this is lasting me a long time. I only need a small amount. I use this about 3 times per week and it always is a great deep cleanser that removes every last bit of my stubborn cat eyeliner and mascara that my Norwex cloth sometimes leaves behind. The jar is nice looking (it is glass and has a golden lid) and makes this so easy and tidy for travel.  It actually feels nice to open the jar and it feels more expensive due to the glass jar.  All the African Black soaps I have used in the past have been huge bars that as messy when wet or hard to cut into a comfortable bar (sharp square edges, with the rough ash pieces). This is a smooth soap and oh so nice.  I only need a tiny amount and can generate a nice lather. 

*This was sent to me at no charge for my honest opinion and evaluation. I would give this 5 stars if it smelled more like coffee or vanilla, but for now it is 4/5. It lists "fragrance" and coffee on the ingredient list, but I am unsure what fragrance they added.  Hopefully the fragrance can be improved.  Otherwise, this is a fantastic soap and I would purchase this on my own.  

If you are interested in trying this for yourself, it is available on Amazon.










No comments:

Post a Comment