Thursday, August 13, 2015

Oleavine Therapeutic Soap Review








I was recently introduced to a tea tree based body wash called Oleavine.  It is a low sudsing, natural ingredient soap that kills bacteria and promotes healthy skin.  Fungus, bacteria, irritation, body odor, acne and other skin problems can be treated with this fantastic product.  I like how it smells fresh, and has a cooling sensation on my skin.  It is great to use in the shower after being outside all day in 90+ heat and humidity when you are not feeling or smelling as fresh as you did earlier in the day.  It is also perfect for dry, irritated skin or skin rashes from bug bites or getting to close to a poisonous plant when camping or hiking.  

This soap contains organic botanicals, extracts, essential oils and essential fatty acids.  There are so many nice oils in this soap but it is not heavy or greasy on my skin.  As seen in the ingredient list, there are many ingredients that have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.  I love using Lavender oil, Tea Tree oil, Jojoba oil and Coconut oil in my daily skincare and love seeing so many skin soothing and nourishing ingredients packed into one body wash.  Since I have been using sulfate free products for almost 3 years, I have come accustomed to reading ingredient lists every single time while in the store aisle or in my bathroom.  If it sounds chemical to me or overly hard to pronounce, most likely it is not natural.  If it sounds like it may be natural but I am still unsure, I look it up online first.  It is crazy how many shampoos and skin care products use misleading words like natural and organic, yet still use chemicals.  It is so nice to see a product packed with oils and botanicals, and that fights bacteria and odor.  I feel clean after using this soap and even used it on my toddler in a bath when he had a bad rash on his legs and tummy.  (be careful with eye and face area as the mint and tea tree (as well as some of the other oils) can irritate eyes).  

It is a thinner, runny soap so I sometimes feel like I use need to use a lot.  I suggest using it with a puff or sponge to generate a nice lather.  Please note that since this is natural and sulfate free, it is low sudsing and non stripping to skin.  Also it does tingle or feel cold when used in more sensitive areas.  I have not tried using this in winter time, so I am unsure if it will make me cold in the shower in our 100 year old, poorly insulated home. 

I was sent this for review, all thoughts are my own and I was only provided this bottle with no other compensation.  I will always let you know if I recommend a product.  This is a great wash and is very good for my skin.  

Ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Saponified Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Oil, Organic Simmondia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Organic Cocao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Oil, Organic Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Plukenetia Volubilis (Sachi Inchi) Oil, Organic Linum Usitatissimum (Flax Seed) Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Azadirachta Indica (Neem) Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Natural Mixed Mentha (Mint), Thymol (Extract from Thyme), Origanum Vulgare (Oregano) Leaf Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract.

This soap is available on Amazon.  









No comments:

Post a Comment