Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Kelley West Microderm 360 Review




I am now in my early thirties as difficult as that is to admit, and so my skin care routines are a little more complicated and take a little longer.  I do seem to have some improvements in my skin from when I was in my teens and twenties.  For one thing I have a lot less acne and I am sulfate free.  I use less chemical based products and pamper my skin with oils such as Argan, Jojoba, Rose Hip and others.  I also drink more water.  My skin has less oil so that it is not so shiny but is moisturized so that it is not flaky.

I still keep the bad habits of staying up late and my face does appear tired a lot.  I have always had dark circles which are partly due to insomnia but also genetic.  My large pores are definitely genetic and I have always been self conscious about them.  I have some past acne red marks and some scarring from chicken pox as a elementary school third grader.  I am now seeing a few fine lines around my eye area and slight expression marks between my brows.  I have been using Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid serums for the past year and also try to keep my face exfoliated.

I have tried various forms of exfoliation, mainly microdermabrasion towels and creams.  I was recently given the opportunity to try a hand held device called the Microderm 360 by Kelly West that combines suction and stainless steel diamond tip microdermabrasion.  This was a new concept for me, I was intrigued by the suction aspect of the device.

This can improve circulation and stimulate the skin to create collagen.  It also removes the top most layer of skin and reveals new skin.  You are able to use this between 1-3 times per week.  I was very apprehensive about using this when I received it.  I made sure to read the instruction booklet, watch a few review videos, and see the demonstration from Kelly West.

I like how the device was ready to use out of the box.  I started with clean, dry skin and made sure a fresh filter was in the unit.  These come with small black felt circular filters.  I was happy that so many came with the device to get me started, I would have been disappointed to only have 5 or 10 as that would not last very long.  There is a high and low setting and I have so far been using the low setting as it is working well for me.  I may increase to the higher setting in a month or so.  The 360 does not hurt at all which was a relief.  It does take a few uses to get used to the feeling of using the suction.  It reminded me of when I was a young girl and would play with the nozzle of the vacuum cleaner against my hand.

The microdermabrasion 360 uses a stainless steel diamond tip paired with deep vacuum suction.  This  comes with a smaller tip for the face and delicate areas, and a larger tip for the body.  It appears that there are other tips available from the company.  The 360 is designed to exfoliate dry, dull layers of skin, to emerge younger and more radiant skin.  It claims to diminish the look of wrinkles and fine lines.  I am hoping that with dedicated use of this product that I can smooth my area in between my brows, tighten and reduce the size of my pores, and make my scarring less noticeable.

This device is easy to get into areas of my face that might normally be more difficult (around nose, chin, and even more difficult areas on the body such as behind your legs, your shoulders, etc.) The swivel neck makes this simple.

I have been using this 1-2 times per week for the past month.  I have not seen drastic reduction in my fine lines, but ten again as I mentioned I have only used this a few times.  I would imagine that after about 6 months of dedicated use, I will notice a big difference and improved skin.  I like this product and notice my skin immediately feels smoother and softer.  I have only slight redness on my skin, but have not had any rashes, breakouts or discomfort.  I can see the dead skin accumulate on the filter and around the tip of the device.  It is a fine dust of skin powder which is pretty gross but fascinating at the same time.

It is vital that you use a fresh filter each treatment as that provides suction strength and keeps the unit workday properly.  Never use this with a cream, serum, or water.  The unit should never be wet or touch wet skin.  The filters can easily be changed by using the tweezers that are included.

The pictures below show me using it with a clean dry face at night time (hence the slightly tired and very unmade appearance).  I could probably use this in the morning as my skin does not stay pink very long, but I think at night is best for me as afterwards I apply my serums and let them go to work as I sleep.

My skin feels wonderful and much smoother.  I still am getting used to the suction part of this device.  I like how well my makeup glides along my skin.  My pores are still large, however, I hope that they will tighten.  I am also working on my past acne marks.

*I was sent this device for my honest and unbiased review.

For more information on this system and how to use it in more detail, feel free to visit the website.  To purchase this you can find it on Amazon.






No comments:

Post a Comment