Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Fulmar Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Silicone bottom and Handle) Review




I like to bake cupcakes when in the mood for a sweet treat and often use my KitchenAid mixing bowl for the task even when I decide to mix manually by hand.  I like using stainless steel in the kitchen (I have stainless steel measuring cups and spoons as well) as it seems sturdy and feels nice in hand.  My KitchenAid bowl is a nice size however is not so easy to hold when off of the stand. I was happy to try a bowl set from a company called Fulmar. They sent me a set of 3 stainless steel mixing bowls for review. First off, they are pink! I happen to have a pink KitchenAid, and the walls in my kitchen are of course painted pink as well.

The bowls are stainless steel and have a pink non-skid silicone bottom to prevent the bowl from sliding while in use. The silicone has grippy rings along the base that assist with stability. I love how the bowls each have a comfortable silicone handle which allows me to have complete control while mixing. It also makes it easier for my 4 year old to assist me with her favorite task in the baking process which is mixing (well, perhaps it is her second favorite task, as she is fond of the taste testing part.) :)

I have found a lot of uses for this set. The smallest bowl is great for holding fresh fruit after it has been washed or to hold freshly made hummus dip. It is a fun way to display it on the table. It is not fancy, but works well, and is cute. I like using the medium sized for pancake batter. These bowls have a nice spout that is excellent for pouring. I usually use the largest size for cake batters. I have also used the large one to hold spaghetti after straining from the steamy water.  The largest one I have been using the most.  It also is nice for holding a tossed salad due to the size and since it is stainless steel, I can put the bowl inside another larger bowl with ice surrounding it and keep the salad cool.

I like this set, it is attractive, and seems durable and strong.  I love the color and how versatile these are.  I do want to mention that the silicone is not completely smooth in some areas, such as the handle has a bit of a seam.  I could probably file that with a nail file, so I am not too concerned.  I was not as pleased with how my bowls arrived to me as the box was pretty beat up and the bowls were dusty.  Obviously I put them through the dishwasher as I do anything that will touch food, and they came out perfectly fine.  They washed up safely in the dishwasher with no issues.

These are available on Amazon: Fulmar Mixing Bowls 

*I was sent a set of 3 mixing bowls from the company to facilitate this review.  All opinions expressed are my own.



















No comments:

Post a Comment