Friday, May 29, 2015

Sleeveless Dance Costumes Backless Halter Dress for Girls by Avery Dance (Review)


My little girl loves to dress up whether it is for playtime, church, or a formal occasion.  She would probably wear a dress everyday if she could, even if she was playing in a particular messy activity such as mud or sand. :) 

I was sent a dance costume from Avery Dance.  It is a halter style dress with tulle skirt and polka dot sequins.  This is a very sweet costume. It reminds me of Peter Pan's Tinkerbell or a woodland fairy. It comes with elastic banded tulle wrist bands and 2 flower pins (we put one green flower in our daughter's hair with a bobby pin and the other we pinned over the zipper in the back to hide the zipper pull). The flower has lace and ribbon flowing down.  I make wedding fascinators and hair flowers so I was not as impressed with he quality of the faux flower.  It looked cute with the outfit but the flower is rough and stiff and not the best quality.  It does look cute with the dress and I am happy it is included in the set.  

The material of this dress is definitely a costume type tulle and thinner than I expected, but it is very cute and perfect for dress up, dance or a party.  My daughter is 4 and weighs about 34 lbs. and we have the size 5 dress so she can wear it for next year as well.  I was able to pull the halter straps to a secure and tighter fit so that the dress is not too low in front.  I think the length of the skirt is nice and not too short or revealing. 

The green color is absolutely perfect, reminiscent of a bright spring green (or a fresh green garden pepper) and the polka dots / sequins are very cute. She loves wearing this outfit and she loves the "sparkles". 

I recommend this dress and think it works well for many occasions. 

*This halter dress was provided for our evaluation and review from the company.

This dress is very reasonable in price (currently around $15) and is available on Amazon.









No comments:

Post a Comment