Saturday, September 24, 2016

Organic Arnica Magic Stick / Baby Skin Problems (Review)








I was recently sent an Arnica skin stick for review from Souris Verte. It is a Canadian company that makes top quality, natural skin / body / baby products.  I was happy to try this ointment stick as we only use natural ingredient items in our family.  My 4 month old has been having ongoing skin issues since birth.  He started having infant acne bumps on his face that I was able to clear up completely after the first month.  His forehead however, has been red and bumpy for the last 2-3 months.  It often  becomes slightly raised and inflamed, with some dry flaky patches.  I have been using Lanolin ointment and shea butter on it each day, but wanted to try some other products (in addition).  

The Arnica stick has botanical extracts and carrier oils.  The ingredients are quite lovely and effective for improving irritated skin.

Ingredients:

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Arnica Montana Flower Extract*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Tocopherol.


* ingredients from Organic Farming
Usage: Apply immediately to the bruised skin. Repeat 2 or 3 times a day. Do not apply to wounds or the eye area. For external use only.

Extra Information: (the following is copied directly from the website)
  • Organic arnica is effective for treating bruises, sprains, swelling, muscle and joint pain, and inflammation caused by insect bites.
  • Cocoa butter moisturizes the skin, and has healing and soothing properties.
  • Organic sunflower oil is rich in vitamin E and nourishes the skin.
  • Shea butter helps soothe and relax the skin. Furthermore.
  • The Magic Stick is good for the whole family!
  • It protects the skin against external aggressions (wind, sun, cold) and is great as after-sun.
  • Practical size; you can bring it everywhere!
  • 100% natural / 73% organic.
I like how I can keep this by the changing table and apply it to my little fella's head right before bed.  I also like to use it on his face and head right after bath time.  It is small enough for a diaper bag, however I would be concerned about leaking if it melted some from a hot car (I have left my diaper bag in the car a few times when we go into a restaurant).  

I like the product and recommend it.  I do want to mention that it is $18.99 (plus shipping) and it may be out of some budgets for such a small stick.  I think the price should be closer to $15.  These are available on Amazon, but not for Prime shipping.  You can learn more about the company and their products when following them on Facebook.

I used this ointment on his forehead about 3-4 times per week for 3 weeks.  I used a natural diaper rash ointment with zinc oxide on the other days.  I found that the 2 products complimented each other and improved his skin.  He still has some red and bumpy areas, but nothing like it was previously.  I warm up the product on my 2 fingers and then apply it to his head with my fingers.  












Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.


DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.


Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.






















No comments:

Post a Comment