Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Herbal Choice Mari Organic Aftershave Balm Review




My husband has been testing an aftershave balm (that I was sent complimentary) for him to review. 

Herbal Choice Mari Organic Aftershave Balm comes in a nice quality, glass bottle with a convenient pump top.  I like how it is natural and not full of synthetic fillers. Both my husband and I have been using natural products for several years now and read labels before purchasing a product or applying it to our skin. Even when family members give us items, or we have a coupon for a free product, we decline on using it if it has chemicals or potential toxins. We are very picky about what goes on our skin and what is absorbed into our bodies.

Nature's Brands sells natural and organic skincare and health related products.  They have 7 different brands that they are affiliated with in their brand family.  Here are some awesome facts about this company: (as copied from their website)

1. Natural vitamins, herbs, and minerals that are easy for your body to absorb.
2. NO chemicals, preservatives, dyes, harmful additives, or pesticides.
3. Mostly vegetarian and vegan formulas.
4. Our products are NOT tested on animals.
5. Our products contain organic natural nutrients not chemically made.
6. Our products are wild crafted and organic as much as possible.
7. What you see on the label is guaranteed to be in the bottle.
8. We make supreme quality products, and offer them at a fair price.
9. Every product we offer comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
10. We donate a portion of our profits to charities.

I was sent a bottle of the aftershave for men.  It has a somewhat unisex scent in my opinion and so could be used my a lady if she wanted to borrow it from her man. :) The bottle and labeling is attractive and classy.  I love that the company uses dark bottles to block / limit light from entering the bottle, and I love the pump top.

This definitely is a nicer product than other popular, more well known shaving products. Other more traditional shaving and cosmetic products have a long list of chemical sounding names and potentially toxic ingredients, but this shaving balm contains only safe and top quality ingredients. This is all Natural, Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Corn Free, Chemical Free, SLS Free, Detergent Free, Surfactant Free, and Cruelty Free. I am happy that this is Made in the USA. The company offers a 60 day guarantee.

My husband does not shave everyday as he keeps a beard, but her does shave and trim around and under his beard about 1-2 times per week. He uses a vintage 1963 safety razor, natural shaving soap, and a boar brush. He has had less irritation since switching to wet shaving/double edge safety razor shaving (abut 3 years ago) as he is able to get a closer, yet gentler shave. He likes to apply a moisturizer or balm after rinsing his skin. He often applies a beard oil or balm to his beard hairs as well. He has been using this balm for a month (about 1-2 times per week). He did not have any irritation while using this product. We both enjoy the scent of this product and I can happily recommend it.

Feel free to look for Nature's Brands on Facebook to learn more! 



I appreciated that the pump was protected with this clip on piece, it protected the balm from leaking during shipment.   







Ingredients: natural Organic olive oil, purified water, organic jojoba oil, organic carnauba wax (plant based), organic lavender oil, organic sweet orange oil, potassium carbonate (natural earth mineral)*, organic cedarwood oil, organic lemongrass oil, organic bay leaf, organic st johns wort, organic ylang ylang oil, organic cinnamon oil. * Not present in final product, dissipates during manufacture.



- USDA Certified organic
- No petroleum based ingredients
- Free from gluten, soy, dairy, no GMO
- Cruelty-free, vegan and vegetarian
- Free from beeswax or petrochemicals
- Free from synthetic fragrances or dyes
- Free from beeswax or petrochemicals
- Free from phthalates, parabens, preservatives
- Packaged in an eco-friendly violet glass bottle
- Oils are hexane free, cold pressed, non-refined, non-deodorized


This was sent to me at no charge, for honest evaluation, no other compensation was provided.  

DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.

Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.































No comments:

Post a Comment