Friday, September 16, 2016

Natures Brands Herbal Choice Mari Review of Organic Hair Styling Repair Oil and Mason Pearson Popular Brush







I try to minimize the amount of chemicals used on my skin, body and hair.  I do not use sulfates in my hair or skin, but occasionally use alcohol based aerosol hair spray about once every 2 months when I am building my retro hair bouffant and need some extra security to keep it in place.  When I am at home, I do not wear my usual bumped, volumed style.  

I wash my hair about twice per week (yes I do shower every day) and let it air dry at home on the warm days.  I also use a natural boar bristle brush (Mason Pearson mixed popular--pink of course) which is fantastic for my hair and worth the incredibly steep price.  I love the vintage shade of pink and how it looks so lovely with my vintage hand mirror.  

My hair is fine in texture, but very thick and knots easily.  This brush keeps it soft and smooth, and prevents it from matting.  I also use either a bamboo wood comb or my vintage Bakelite seamless comb (always use a seamless one so that you do not snag or damage hair).  




Despite having natural oils in my hair, I do like to give my hair a deep conditioning treatment about once a week or every other week.  I used to use the V05 hot oil treatment in college when I was unaware of all the chemicals and additives.  Just look at the chemicals!


Ingredients

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cocotrimonium Chloride, Acetamide MEA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEI-1750, Oleth-20, Propylene, Glycol. Hydrochiloric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-10, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Chloride, Amyl Cinnamal, Yellow 6 (CI15985), Eugenol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Phytantriol, Keratin Amino Acids, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Niacinamide, Biotin


I now use only natural oils such as argan oil, jojoba, olive oil, rose hip, sweet almond, etc.  I was recently sent a hair treatment complimentary for review, from Nature's Brands Herbal Choice Mari .  This comes in a nice quality pump bottle and is organic olive oil infused with organic oils of hemp and olives.  I love how this contains botanicals and nourishing ingredients that are rich in biotin, antioxidants and powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties.  This is a great product for those who frequently heat style their hair.  I used to be a frequent user of hot rollers several years ago.  I now just keep my hair in my natural style which is a relaxed wave.  I do use a blow dryer in the winter if I am going to leave the house as I do not like a wet head, and my thick hair takes a very long time to hire dry.  This hair treatment will most likely be used twice a week in the winter.  For now, I only use this once every 2 weeks.  It is a bit heavy if you are not careful.  I like to apply this to wet hair.  The manufacturer says that this can be be heated to be used as a hot oil damaged hair repair treatment.  I use to henna my hair frequently but have now switched back to natural hair color.  This is recommended for chemically sensitive scalp and for color treated hair.  This product is formulated without the use of phthalates (synthetic fragrance).  This is USA made!

I only need to use a very small amount.  I use it as a leave in treatment to tame my hair.  I only use this about 1-2 times per week.  (as I only wash my hair 1-2 times and this is a nice leave in treatment).  You can definitely wash this out, and you may want to, as it is a bit on the heavy side.  I do not always use conditioner in the shower (I probably use conditioner every third time I wash my hair).  This is heavy enough that if I were to use conditioner and this product on the same day (rinsing the conditioner, and then using this as a leave in treatment), my hair would be very flat and greasy.  I can use this twice a week if I make sure to use only a very tiny amount.  I like to warm it a bit in my palms then apply to freshly shampooed, wet hair that has been detangled with my bamboo wood comb.  I also use this on my 5 year old as a way to control fly aways before trading her hair for school.  I also like to spray her hair with rosewater to tame flyaways and make it easier to braid.








- USDA Certified organic
- Cruelty-free, vegan and vegetarian
- Free from gluten, dairy, soy, corn, no GMO
- Free from PEG, ceteareth and polyethylene
- Free from phthalates, synthetic chemicals or dyes
- Free from Cocamidopropyl Betaine or Coco-Betain
- Free of Hydroxypropyltrimonium and other chemicals
- Oils are hexane free, cold pressed, non-refined, non-deodorized
- Free from Parabens: propyl, isopropyl, butyl, isobutyl, DMDM hydantoin








Ingredients:

Organic olive oil, organic jojoba oil, organic rose hip oil, organic hemp oil, organic primrose oil, organic sweet orange oil, organic green tea, organic shiitake mushroom, organic saw palmetto berry, organic geranium oil, organic thyme oil

Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.


DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.








No comments:

Post a Comment