Tuesday, July 29, 2014

ResurFACE Restoration Cream: Reviewed

I have recently had the opportunity to try out a new facial cream. It is called ResurFACE, and comes in a 1.7 oz. black jar. When my product arrived to me, I opened the box and saw that this was inside a cute grey velvety-like draw string bag. It was not a necessary thing to have the bag as I do not travel much, however, this little bonus was a pleasant surprise and it made my day. I happen to like the color grey a lot and found the soft little pouch a new home in my purse to store small items. I would have preferred a glass jar over a plastic one, but that is just my own preference.

This creamy yellow moisturizer claims to repair and reverse damage, revitalize and protect skin, and make you "wake up looking and feeling younger." It is loaded with some very impressive ingredients: CoQ10, Shea Butter, Sea Kelp, Rosehip Oil, Jojoba Oil, Glycerin, Collagen, Vitamin E, potent antioxidants, luxurious oils and others. The company guarantees that this will restore your skin and prevent the signs of aging. They even guarantee that if you are not completely satisfied, they offer a money back guarantee for 365 days--no questions asked. That is quite impressive.

Here is the full list:

Water, Lactobacillus/Kelp Ferment Filtrate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Cetyl Alcohol, Soybean Oil, C14-22 Alcohols, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Coconut Endosperm, Ceramide E, Tetrahydrocurcuminoids Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane, Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloylmethane, Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane), Hydrolyzed Collagen, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Sodium PCA, Xanthan Gum, Pomegranate Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (Alpha-D-Tocopherol, Vitamin E), Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Xanthophyll (Lutein), Alpha Lipoic Acid [R-(+)-], Beta Carotene, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

Even though I do not smoke, and never have, my face and skin is under a lot of stress from general life and the environment such as pollution and harmful UV rays. I also have unhealthy sleep patterns (lack of sleep). My face is only 31 years young, but sometimes I feel that it looks older. My pores are quite large and my under eye area has dark shadows. I do not have wrinkles, but around my eyes have some fine lines and loss of elastin. As we age, we loose collagen and elastin, and our skin is not as full and supple as it once was when we were babies and in our youth.

There are ways to help boost and promote the production of collagen and assist our skin in replenishing itself. I have made some changes in the last 2 years. I have started drinking more water daily and I have removed sulfates and harsh chemicals from my skin and hair routines. I now only wash my hair twice a week, and this has improved my hair and actually made it less greasy and less damages. It is softer and fuller. I also use oil to cleanse my face almost nightly. When I decide that my face needs a deep cleanse, I use a charcoal or clay mud mask or a low ingredient herbal soap that is sulfate free.

The ResurFACE cream has a light fragrance and is very concentrated in thickness. It is a small jar (1.7 oz.), however I see it lasting me at least 2 months (maybe 3) as I have found that I only need a small amount. I applied to much the first time and although my face felt amazing when it dried, I felt that I used more than I needed (slightly heavy if too much is applied) and had excess on my hands afterward. (Made my hands soft). I am happy to report that this did not make my hands or fingers sticky or greasy. I had no irritation on my skin. My face feels soft and hydrated. As mentioned above, it has oil in it, which some people may not love, but I am quite fond of avocado oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, and sesame oil. Another big plus is that it does not have parabens, sulfates or phthalates, and it is made in the USA!

If you would like more information on this product, check out their Amazon product page: Night Cream - ResurFACE

The company is called Protege and they have several items available to treat various skin areas.


The cream felt nice on my skin and did not appear shiny or feel oily. I do not look years younger, however my skin does look (and feel) soft and healthy. I like the way my facial skin feels a bit plump, (like a baby's leg or cheek). I am thinking that is due to the added collagen and skin loving oils in the cream. Skin undergoes a repair process as we sleep at night, and I think this is a great cream to use while we get our beauty sleep. I think it might be to thick to use during the day.

I have only tested this out for 2 weeks so it is a bit soon to rave about it. It is my opinion and experience that products such as anti-aging serums/creams or weight loss pills need to be used consistently and patiently to see results. I think the best results might be seen after 3-6 months of daily use and that this can do wonders for skin. I also want to add that drinking plenty of water, getting proper rest, and eating your vegetables will add to the anti-aging effect.

If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased.

Please follow me on Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways. Check me out on bloglovin and Twitter.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


1 comment: