Thursday, July 3, 2014

Pure Peppermint Essential Oil by Elite Gold Solutions: Reviewed

I recently told you about my essential oils and apothecary items. I mentioned Eucalyptus Oil from the Elite Gold company. I was also able to test out their Peppermint Oil this past month as well. It came in handy for so many uses, and like the Eucalyptus Oil, this Peppermint Oil was used almost daily as well. We do not use traditional home cleaning products anymore. In fact it has probably been almost 2 years since giving up regular surface cleaner and disinfectant. We always use a mixture of about 5-7 drops of Eucalyptus oil, 5-7 drops of Peppermint oil, 5-7 drops of Tea Tree oil, 5-7 drops of Lavender oil, 2 table spoons of white vinegar and hot water in a spray bottle. I use this to wipe our kitchen counters and table. This leaves a fresh and clean fragrance in our home. We use this in the kitchen for our counters, stove, kitchen table, microwave, and anything that needs a good spritzing down. We use this spray in the bathroom as well. This disinfects our toilet seat, bathroom counters, and our little one's potty chair.

We also use peppermint oil in our fragrance diffuser. We used to buy expensive fragrance oils (that were heavy with chemicals) from the specialty bath shop in the mall (you know the one). But now we will use peppermint oil in our warmers and it makes the house smell clean and sweet. We often will add lemon essential oil or another nice oil scent to give an interesting boost and spa like fragrance to our home.

This peppermint oil keeps pests away as they do not like the fragrance. We live out in the country so we often put a few drops on cotton balls and stuff the cotton in cabinets and behind furniture to prevent mice. I have used this peppermint oil spray (the exact mixture we clean with) to rid the house of insects and spiders. I may have used this as an insecticide as few times....I am all about loving and protecting animals, but spiders, insects, and mice, that is another story, I freak out and want them gone.

Peppermint oil is soothing and relaxing when used in the bath. It is very cooling and smells lovely. I add a few drops to my Dr. Bronners Castile soap and make a cooling and cleansing body wash for hot summer months. Peppermint oil when added to a foot soak eases tired, itchy feet. It is also soothing and cooling to sunburned skin when mixed in a spray bottle with pure aloe gel and water.

Joint pain can be soothed when peppermint oil is mixed with a carrier oil such as jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, olive oil, argan oil, (or whatever oil you choose to use) and massaged into skin and muscles. I like to use Emu oil (made from the fat of the Emu) mixed with peppermint oil as it penetrates deep into muscle tissue and helps dull the pain. Emu oil helps reduce inflammation and swelling, and works fast.

I have had migraines most my life, and used to spend money on a tiny 0.5 oz headache and stress soother from a high end organic spa brand for years. It cost about $12-15 or so for the tiny 0.5 oz. It worked well, and smelled amazing, but really was basically peppermint oil and lotion. I can now make my own headache soother and use the lotion of my choice. I can even add lavender with the peppermint oil and make the headache/stress soother exactly the way I want it. The mixture can then be used as a chest rub for colds and coughs, as the vapors can help clear nasal passages and promote a restful and relaxing sleep. Our family does not use VIC's vapor rub any more as it has many chemicals in it. We make our own with lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, Rosemary oil, and peppermint oil, mixed with coconut oil. To make this we mix about 20 drops of each oil, 1/2 cup of coconut oil, and 2 tablespoons beeswax. This stores well in a small mason jar or a baby food jar.

The Elite Gold brand Peppermint Oil is a great company, they take the utmost care in creating their products. Their oils are steam extracted for the highest potency and purest form. They are a family run business, dedicated to providing excellent customer service and top quality health and nutritional products. I love how this oil is USA made.


For more information on this oil and the Flite Gold company, check out their website. Elite Gold Solutions The products are available to purchase on Amazon as well: Peppermint Essential Oil


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment