Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Mineral Lift Serum: Adovia: Reviewed



I had the opportunity to review another Adovia product. I really like this company and their products are formulated with minerals from the Dead Sea. along with botanical ingredients. This month I have been testing their Dead Sea Salt Soap as well as their Mineral Lift Serum. I will review the soap in another posting, so for now will speak on the mineral serum.

First Thoughts:

The serum comes in an attractive glass bottle with a pump and lid. I always am slightly disappointed when a cosmetic is in a plastic container as I feel it does not look as nice and also I just feel that the ingredient purity is protected better in a glass container. It also seems to be a more luxurious experience when applied from a glass container. I had read some previous reviews on this product stating some problems with the pump. I have not had any problems with extracting the product, so perhaps not all bottles are defective. I noticed the bottle itself does not have the ingredients listed on it. I think it would have been a good idea to print these on the bottle, I would have preferred it. I looked at the ingredients on the website and some of them I am really happy with and some I am unsure about as many appear to be chemical based. I would have liked less chemical sounding ingredients, and more essential oils and botanical or herbal extracts.



Here is the Ingredient list:

Demineralised Water (Aqua) & Dead Sea Water, Butylene Glycol,Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol & Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract & Algae Extract & Papaya (Carica Papaya) Extract & Camellia Oleifera Extract (Green Tea) & Aloe Vera (Barbadensis) Gel, Glycerin, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, C 13-14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Polyacrylamide, Urea, Peg-12 Glyceryl Laurate, Peg-36 Castor Oil, Farnesyl Acetate, Silk Amino Acids, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) Farnesol, Ethyl Linoleate, Laureth-7, Phenonip, Pvm/Ma Copolymer, Panthenol, Benzophenone-3, Saccharide Hydrolysate, Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis) Oil, Magnesium Aspartate, Glycine, Fragrance (Supplement), Sorbitol, Tea-Lactate, Serine, Creatine, Alanine, Orange (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis) Extract, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Dead Sea Salt, Lauryl Diethylenediaminoglycine, Lauryl Aminopropylglycine, Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Hyaluronic Acid.

I am not going to go into detail of all the chemical sounding ingredients, but there are several that I was unsure about their purpose. I will just go over the good ingredients that I am familiar with. It is possible that the chemical sounding ingredients are not all that bad, as most products have some sort of binder or thickening agent or a preservative type ingredient in them. I try to stay away from products that are full of chemicals, but sadly even a lot of natural products have chemicals in them.

This serum contains minerals from the Dead Sea. The waters of the Dead Sea have been treasured for their therapeutic effects, and many skin problems such as acne, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, dandruff and other conditions can be improved through soaking with this water or mud or using products containing the mud or salts. Adovia is a company that "combines the healing power of Minerals from the Dead Sea with natural botanical ingredients from the Earth." (Cleopatra's Choice website) They make products that have dead sea water, mud, and salts in them.

This white creamy serum applied nicely to my skin. It seemed more of a light lotion consistency than a serum, but was not heavy or sticky in any way. It did not make my skin pores feel clogged and there was no residue on my skin when it dried. I was able to put my regular skincare and makeup on almost immediately following application. Some facial products that I have tried in the past made my makeup appear cakey. This Adovia Mineral Lift applied like a dream and felt weightless. My fingers and hands never felt sticky or slick after applying this to my face.

The fragrance is very light and smells fresh. It quickly dissipates from my skin within a few minutes. My skin did not have any irritation or break outs after extended use of this serum. I have not tested this long enough to see drastic results, however I do think that this could assist with smoother, brighter skin and complexion with daily use. I am focusing this serum on my eye area as I do have fine lines and dark shadows. I am also using it on my forehead near my brow area.

I do like the following ingredients that this serum has:

Anti-oxident rich algae extract assists in restoring the luminosity found in youthful skin. It seems to be beneficial in slowing the effects of aging as it hydrates, softens and detoxifies the skin.

Papaya Extract is also full of antioxidants and contains powerful enzymes. Papaya extract is anti-inflammitory and contains Vitamin C (Livestrong website). Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) boosts collagen production, and accelerates skin plumpness and elastin. Vitamin C protects against UV-induced cell damage and free radicals from the environment.

Camellia Oleifera Extract is green tea and is an antioxidant with anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. Green tea is beneficial for anti-aging, and also helps protect against free radicals.

Aloe Vera is excellent at soothing, moisturizing and healing skin. Aloe works wonders for burned, aged or damaged skin.

Glycerin is known as a humectant, and helps skin attract and retain moisture. Skin problems such as acne, skin irritation, dryness, wrinkles and fine lines can benefit from Glycerin. I use vegetable glycerin in my oil cleansing mixture each night, and my skin always feels amazing when I use glycerin. It does need to be mixed with something when used.

Castor Oil (one of my most versatile ingredients that I use daily in my own beauty regimes) stimulates the production of collagen and elastin. This oil contains fatty acids with antimicrobial properties that protect the skin. Castor oil contains Vitamin E. I add castor oil to my oil cleansing mixture because it is highly effective at drawing out dirt and impurities from skin. I find that castor oil clears up my blackheads on my cheeks and nose when I use it often.

Orange (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis) Extract is often used in skin care. It is capable of stimulating new cell growth. It contains alpha hydroxy acids and is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic. Skin is soothed and moisturized as well. It would have been nice for the serum to smell like oranges as I feel that would have been a refreshing and soothing scent, especially when used in the morning.

Hyaluronic Acid is also a powerful humectant (draws moisture to skin) that keeps skin plump and hydrated. Skin looks more youthful when it is fuller, more supple and moisturized. Skin that is dry, becomes dull and loses elastin.

I like this serum and will continue using it. I do think it has too many chemical sounding ingredients in it. I like the bottle and the pump worked just fine for me. I like how this was a smooth consistency and immediately soaked into my skin. I think this would work well for use in the morning or at night before sleep.

For more information on this serum, check it out on Amazon: Adovia Facial Serum
or Cleopatra's Choice Website.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment