Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Vitamin D3 with Organic Coconut Oil: Natural Stacks: Reviewed

I had the opportunity to try out a vitamin from the Natural Stacks company. I take a multitude of vitamins each day due to recently adding a new little bundle to our home in April. Since I am feeding him naturally, I still continue to take them each day. I have been on prenatal vitamins for almost 5 years non-stop. I started taking them about a year before I was pregnant with my first little one so that my body would be prepared and healthy. My daughter is now 3 1/2, and so I am no stranger to daily prenatal multivitamins and a handful of other various vitamins. I have always been good about taking my vitamins, despite the fact that I hate swallowing pills. I realize the importance of the added vitamins and minerals and want what is best for my body and my new baby. I would want to take a daily vitamin even if I was not pregnant or nursing, so I figure a prenatal is even better of a choice as it contains more healthy goodies than regular daily multivitamins. I also take iron, folic acid, DHA, calcium, a probiotic, fenugreek, blessed thistle, brewers yeast, and drink 2 protein/matcha tea/cacao/banana smoothies each day. I drink lots of milk and water. I do like lightly sweetened ice tea with lemon as a treat when I am out at a restaurant. I limit coffee to only about 1 cup a week. The only soft drink I consume is the Kentucky made ginger soda called Ale 8 one, and I try to have that as a treat.

One vitamin I had not been taking separately in its own form was Vitamin D. I was excited to get the opportunity to try Vitamin D3 from this Natural Stackscompany and loved how it had the addition of organic coconut oil. It is important to know the difference of Vitamin D (Known as D2) vs D3. Vitamin D2 is the form of D that is found in fortified foods like milk or cereal and D3 is the form that is synthesized by the skin when it's exposed to the sun. Vitamin D3 is processed quicker into the body and is more desirable of a form. Regardless of which form we take, we need vitamin D as it promotes strong bones, cognitive ability and new cell growth. It is important to take Vitamin D3 as it can have a positive effect on your immune system and overall mood. This brand contains coconut oil which assists the absorption of the Vitamin D. It "contains 5,000 IU of D3 with 100 mg of Certified Organic Coconut Oil per softgel." (Natural Stacks Website) I love coconut oil and have always raved of it's importance in diet, beauty, and health, so I was even more excited to try this.

I like how tiny these clear golden pills are, they are super easy to swallow (and pretty). I like how I only need one per day. I also like how easy the lid flips up to dispense these, which is helpful when I am in a hurry. This product is natural, gluten free, has no GMO's, and no preservatives or artificial colors. It comes with 180 pills which is nice, as the bottle lasts longer. "All Natural Stacks products are manufactured under the guidelines of the United States Pharmacopoeia (U.S.P.) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (c.G.M.P.) in an FDA registered facility that is licensed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services." This company is "Open Source" which means they let you know exactly what is in the product you are using. Other companies often label in the ingredient list, “proprietary blends,” which leaves you wondering what exactly are the mystery ingredients and what is the amount of each ingredient in their formulas. (Natural Stacks Website)

I recommend this product and will continue to use it as it is easy to take and makes my body healthier. It is available on their website and on Amazon: Vitamin D3 with Coconut Oil


If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review.

Please follow me on Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways. Check me out on bloglovin and Twitter.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.




No comments:

Post a Comment