Sunday, July 27, 2014

Matrixyl 3000 Serum by BellaFab: Reviewed

I have been using a new facial product lately that I was sent to review. It is called Matrixyl 3000 Serum and is from the BellaFab company. They claim "wrinkle reduction up to 85% in clinical tests within 2 months...Tightens, Lifts and Firms skin for a youthful appearance. This powerful Matrixyl 3000 Peptide Serum, is infused to stimulate dermal filling, strengthen tissue cells and reduce the depth of lines, wrinkles and crow's feet." I have not used it for 2 months, but looking over the ingredients, and the way it makes my skin feel and look, I could see how this might actually live up to those claims. I do not have wrinkles, but I do have some fine lines, and lose of tightness around my eye area. I also have chronic dark circles. I hope to lighten these over time.

This serum is non toxic, paraben free, and hypoallergenic, according to the company. This is nice to know and makes me feel better about using it.


Ingredients
Deionized Water, Witch Hazel Extract, Glycerol Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Matrixyl 3000(Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7), Shea Butter, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate VP Copolymer, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, PPG-12 SMDI/Copolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate(Hyaluronic Acid) Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Peppermint Oil, Green Tea Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate(vitamin C).

I will not go into detail into every ingredient on this list, (as many of the ingredients I am not knowledgeable of) but the few that I recognize are definitely worth mentioning as they are stars in my book. Witch Hazel is a product I use quite often, almost every day. It helps de-puff the area around my eyes and is a great toner and astringent for my entire face. It reduces redness, swelling, and inflammation on the skin. Some people may not like the fragrance of witch hazel, but for me, it is refreshing and wakes me up. Witch hazel has high content of tannins, which are antioxidants. My favorite brand of Witch Hazel is Thayers Lemon.

I like that this has Glycerin in it, which is another of my ingredient favorites. I add vegetable glycerin to most all my homemade beauty creams (shaving soap pucks and lotions) as well as an added ingredient to my facial oil cleansing method. Glycerin attracts moisture to the skin.

Shea butter is a perfect solution for dry skin, eczema, and general skin problems. It is creamy and moisturizing, promoting skin regeneration and healing. I keep a tub of shea butter in my apothecary cabinet and use it for healing and smoothing cracked heels, making homemade aluminum free deodorant (really effective with all my essential oils and other natural ingredients I add to it), and I apply shea to dry areas such as elbows or my husband's knuckles on his hands (he gets severely cracked knuckles in winter).

If you read my blog with any regularity, you know that I am a fan of Hyaluronic acid. I always apply Vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid daily after my shower and nightly before bed. It is a humectant, providing moisture to skin and can give skin a more youthful and supple appearance. Hyaluronic acid improves elasticity, boosts collagen production, and reverses free radical damage.

I love how this has a noticeable peppermint fragrance, it is soothing, cooling and smells so luxurious. I have always loved the smell of peppermint and the way it relaxes me. This serum feels amazing around my tired eyes and near my temples. It actually makes me feel awake and refreshed. (I speak a lot about waking up, yes, I am very tired a lot, and need all the help I can get.) Peppermint oil has many health benefits, such as improving blood circulation, and is known for its cooling and anti-inflammatory properties. I have often use this wonderful oil to calm stress and soothe a bad headache or migraine. Peppermint oil "contains Omega-3 fatty acids, iron, magnesium, calcium, Vitamins A and C, minerals, potassium, manganese and copper." (Style Craze Website) Peppermint oil is useful for preventing acne and is great for nourishing skin and promoting proper balance of oil production in oily skin. There are many other reasons why this oil is so fantastic, but I only wanted to mention the skin related benefits.

This contains Green Tea, which as we all know green tea has so many health and anti-aging benefits. Green tea can improve and brighten skin, and has antioxidants and tannins. Green tea is soothing to irritated skin. Tired eyes with baggy under eye areas or dark circles, can be improved with green tea. Have you ever used cooled tea bags under your eyes or over your eyelids? (It is super easy to do and improves the appearance of tired eyes).

The last ingredient I will be speaking on is Vitamin C, as you may know, I love this for skin as well. I apply it topically twice every day. Vitamin C helps stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. It is helpful in preventing wrinkles and repairs skin discoloration and age spots.

This cream has been a delight to use each day. It comes in an easy to hold container, is easy to dispense from the pump, and I only need 2 pumps for my entire face. I usually add a 3rd pump and apply to my neck and décolleté area. The fragrance is a wonderful bonus, and the peppermint cooling action makes my eyes and temples feel awake and soothed.

Here is how I use this serum:

1. Cleanse my face (oil cleansing method--I won't go into detail as those of you who read my reviews regularly are bored of my raves of oil cleansing I am sure). Rinse.

2. Exfoliate gently. ( I used to use microdermabrasion crystals once a week, but decided that regular sugar and honey works well and is always available. Lately I have been testing out another product with dead sea salt in it that also works amazingly well). Let skin dry.

3. Apply Vitamin C serum, Hyaluronic Acid.

4. Apply a small amount of this serum to your face (I use 2-3 pumps), neck and décolleté.

For step 5, I wanted to add what the company put, as it made me smile and is great information. Now, even though it is common sense, many of us do not always follow this step:

5. "Eat healthier, sleep more and de-stress! Skincare products definitely help but even the best products won't be effective unless you start pampering yourself daily."

So true. If only I slept more. I do drink lots of water each day and eat pretty healthy. I need to de-stress, I worry far to much and seemed to be over stressed.

Here are a few reasons why this is a great serum to use, according to the company:

Achieve instant tightening, smoothing, firming and lifting of the Skin.
Reduce and prevent fine lines, wrinkles and crow's feet by increasing skin elasticity.
Decrease, treat and prevent dark Circles and puffiness around the eyes.
Brighten and even out skin tone and complexion.
Visibly hydrate the skin for a younger and more radiant Skin.
Soft and radiant skin.

I would have to agree that this makes my skin smooth, firm and supple. I have zero irritation and my skin feels soft and moisturized without a heavy or sticky feeling. My complexion looks bright and radiant. The witch hazel and peppermint seem to help with decreasing puffy areas and soothe irritation. My skin is hydrated and balanced. I feel it is too soon to make extreme claims about whether this smoothes out wrinkles and fine lines, or makes me appear younger, however, I do feel this is a great serum to promote prettier skin. With any skin care regime, you have to be consistent in use, and it often takes several weeks or months before considerable improvement is visible. I do agree that this is a great product and I will say this is one of my favorite products I have tested.

For more information about this serum, visit this link on Amazon:Matrixyl 3000

and BellaFab Website.

If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review.

Please follow me on Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways. Check me out on bloglovin and Twitter.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment