Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Graindrops Probiotic Beverage: Reviewed


I try to eat yogurt each day in either a smoothie or eat it plain. I like the active probiotic cultures and I like the taste of yogurt. Some individuals are lactose intolerant or live a gluten free lifestyle. I was sent a dairy-free, organic probiotic beverage courtesy of Graindrops. I was able to select 2 flavors, I chose Plain and Wild Blueberry. Probiotics are living organisms that produce enzymes that break down the food we eat, as well as convert sugars to the essential nutrients our bodies need. I tasted both and was not fond of the flavor straight out of the bottle. I guess I was not used to the grain flavor or of the liquid form. I decided to add them as a base for my morning smoothie and so glad I did. They were wonderful tasting mixed with a banana and some frozen fruit. My 3 year old loved the Graindrops right out of the bottle and into her sippy cup. She has never had anything but milk or water to drink (no fruit juices, fruit punches or soft drinks) so this was a special treat for her. She called it yogurt milk, however this is actually dairy free. It is very beneficial for children to have some sort of probiotic daily. This will be a great option for her.

Susanne and Torodd Lien are the founders of this beverage and company. This is a quote from their website, “We believe that optimal health can be powered by nature, and that everything we need to maintain an active, energetic, healthy and fulfilling life can be found through intentionally and thoughtfully crafted food.” The couple share a love of organic and natural living. Graindrops's sweetness occurs naturally as "the culturing process (known as Koji) converts the starches of our five organic, gluten-free whole grains into natural grain sugar." Graindrops has organic agave syrup for added sweetness. Graindrops contains 100 percent natural enzymes (40+ enzymes), organic whole grains, and spring water. Koji (pronounced KO-jee) is the artisan Japanese culturing process that Graindrops is created / cultured from. The koji process is a small batch which takes two full days to mature, but is well worth it as it is made with utmost care, containing such wonderful health benefits. It provides healthy amino acids, carbohydrates, and of course whole grains. It is something many people can enjoy as it is easily digestible for those with sensitive tummies and or special diets.

Graindrops contains these Probiotics:



Bifidobacterium bifidum
Lactobacillus acidophilus
Lactobacillus casei
Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus
Lactobacillus rhamnosus
Streptococcus thermophilus (also known as Lactococcus thermophilus)
Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis

For more information about Graindrops and their products, visit their website.



If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.








No comments:

Post a Comment