Monday, May 19, 2014

Cassani Fogless Shower Mirror: Reviewed

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I recently started wet shaving about 2 months ago with a vintage Lady Gillette 1963 starburst double edge safety razor on my legs. It is a luxurious experience and works better than any modern razor I have used. I used to be a Venus gal, but I am a convert to shaving the old fashioned way. As many of you may know, I was pregnant in my third trimester just a month ago (now my son is here and I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and feeling much more mobile). Shaving was incredibly difficult to do. I have a shower chair in my tub/shower and always sit on it to shave my legs, however, I was terrified to use a double edge safety razor on my back of my legs, behind my knees and back of my upper leg/thighs. I simple could not see, my third trimester belly was in the way, my mobility was altered, and I was super clumsy.

I had the opportunity to review a shower mirror from the Cassani company. It arrived in the mail and the box was a bit beat up and I was not so sure about the product at first. It looked like a simple shower mirror and I felt underwhelmed at first. Being female, I do not shave my face, so I was not completely sure if this mirror was going to be of use to me. My husband has his own shower and I use the bathroom with the tub/shower combo. I decided to put this in my bathroom so I could see my face when cleaning off my black mascara and dark eye liner as I frequently wear a 60's cat eye winger liner look. I figured even using the mirror for just making sure my eye makeup was fully removed was worth the trouble to add it to my shower. The Cassani Fogless Mirror has added width and height to match the shape of ones face and neckline, the size of this mirror is 7-1/2" x 5-3/4.

It was super easy to install. I suggest cleaning the shower wall first, then making sure the surface is very dry, then use some rubbing alcohol on the wall before placing the wall mounts adhesive. It includes a stainless steel razor hook, and the stainless steel hook for holding the mirror. This mirror is different than other shower mirrors on the market as it is truly fogless. It is infused with "anti-fog nanotechnology" which sounds both space age and a teeny bit corny, but to be honest I do not care if it is corny because this mirror really works well. It is fogless, even with my super hot and steamy showers. The mirror has a special coating that is infused directly into the reflective surface of the mirror to repel fog. For this reason you cannot and should not use anything but water to clean this mirror so as not to be too abrasive with the special coating. I like how this mirror can be removed from the hook when needed. This is what makes it truly a wonderful product and let me tell you why...

Well, as I mentioned, I was VERY pregnant when this mirror arrived. I was not about to be one of those ladies who neglects shaving her legs for a few weeks (or months) just because she cannot see her legs due to her massive pregnant belly (lol I talking to you sister of mine! lol!) I was using my vintage double edge safety razor, which if you have ever used a safety razor, you know you must go slow and use short, careful strokes and take your time. The blades are sharp and more precise than modern razors, and cuts can occur if you are not careful. I am getting quite proficient in my double edge safety shaving, however, my back of my legs and back of knees were difficult to see with limited mobility and a pregnant belly in the way. I did not want to guess where to guide the razor. I then had an idea to remove the Cassani mirror from the hook and hold it behind my leg as I shaved! I was able to see where I was shaving and had no trouble at all.

I recommend this mirror as it is reasonably priced on Amazon and it is lightweight and stays put on the shower wall. It works well and is useful. I also will use this mirror for applying my facial oils in the shower when I do my oil cleansing. I hang my shower puffs on the razor hooks instead of my razor simply because my razor is chrome and vintage and if it fell on the floor of the tub it may get damaged. I love my 1963 Lady Gillette blue starburst razor and it is truly a gem of a gal. Now if I can get my hands on the almost rare
pink one without paying a small fortune...


The Cassani Mirror has a "hassle-free 100% money back guarantee" if you are not fully satisfied.

Included With The Cassani Fogless Shower Mirror

1 Stainless Steel Mirror Wall Mount
1 Stainless Steel Shaving Razor Wall Mount
1 Shatter-Proof Fogless Shower Mirror

If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.







No comments:

Post a Comment