Tuesday, May 27, 2014

HDMI 2 Pack by Solid Cordz 6 ft GOLD Plated with Ethernet: Reviewed

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

We do not have cable as we rarely watch anything and like to save some extra money where we can. Our 3 year old has only ever watched children's public television and does not watch everyday. We do like to watch a movie occasionally. We usually would rent a movie from Amazon and watch it on our laptop. This works, but is not always the most convenient or comfortable for the 3 of us to watch. The laptop speakers are also not the best quality. I had the opportunity to review a set of 2 HDMI cables that would give me the ability to connect my laptop to my tv. This sounded great to me! The brand is Solid Cordz, and they sent a 2-pack HDMI cables with golden connectors designed to provide optimal signal transfer between whatever devices you are using. They are also able to be used as Ethernet to provide a connection to your network.

The cords arrived quickly and each cord was bagged separately in plastic, and the ends were capped off at the tips with clear plastic caps.
We decided to try renting a movie on Amazon and connecting the laptop to the tv. It worked well and we were able to hear the audio through the tv as well. We just had to adjust settings by going in to the sound options on the laptop, accessed in the control panel, then set the sound default as HDMI. After the movie, we just set the default back to the laptops speakers when we are done with the audio through the tv.

I have not used HDMI cables before so cannot compare these to other brands or types. I do know that these cables seem to work well and are sturdy and thick. They are 6 feet long which seemed to be a nice length for our devices and our living room size. Our tv is mounted on the wall so at first I was concerned about this being long enough.

This brand is available on Amazon.


If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment