Monday, September 14, 2015

WEDGNETiX Magnetic Building Blocks Review


Have you been to Target and seen any cool (educational) toys lately?  Target now carries WEDGNETiX magnetic building blocks (shapes like bars) toys (designed for kids ages 5 and up).  They have a 16 piece and 32 piece set.  They are a little on the pricier side, but wow are they well designed, sturdy, fun and educational.  They are made by ImagAbility, Inc.

Our daughter is 4 1/2 and has the 16 piece set.  It may seem to be a small amount at first, but for her age it is nice because there are not too many pieces to keep track of when she takes her creations with her around the house and when we travel.  There are so many fun shapes and structures she can make.  I hope we can try the 32 piece set as well.  The pieces are easy for her to hold and manipulate.  

She can create a square, rhombus, rectangle and a hexagon. She loves creating pyramids and other 3D structures.  The ends have a magnet within each block bar. Each bar has different polar ends of the magnet.  This is a plastic toy, but there was not any strong chemical odors and this is a durable ABS plastic.  She absolutely loves this toy and we (my husband and I highly recommend it.)  The only thing I would have liked improved or added, is a drawstring cotton bag.  The box is not something we will keep these in, and is not travel friendly.

For more information, you can visit the Wedgenetix website (actually they are called Wedgits, and have a variety of similar block bars for different ages/skill.)  You can find the company on Twitter for tidbits of info on new products and updates.  


I received these at no cost to me to facilitate this review, however, this is my honest opinion of this product.  I only recommend products that I feel comfortable having myself and my family use.  We are very picky with the toys our 2 little ones play with.  We do not buy electronic toys, and always are looking for fun, yet educational toys that inspire creativity and hands on learning.  














No comments:

Post a Comment