Saturday, September 26, 2015

Lifemark Labs Bento Box Review




I just love using reusable storage ideas for snack food and lunches.  My daughter has always loved to eat her meals from divided plates (since about 18 moths of age) and so as she is older, a bento style box is perfect for her.  She stays at home for now, but I know we will be bringing bento boxes to school for lunches.  I will be happy knowing that we are making fantastic health choices. while also being earth conscious by reducing excess waste.  I was recently sent a bento style box from Lifemark Labs.  I selected the lime green and it is awesome.  This is made from 100% Food Grade BPA/Free plastic and is microwave and freezer safe.  You can put it in the dishwasher on top rack to clean.  I have not put it in the microwave, and do not really plan to.  I would not recommend putting the lid in the microwave.

This is a nice looking and well made lunch box. I have 2 children ages 4 1/2 and 17 months and this is nice to take along with us for long day trips as a healthy snack. I can fit a wide variety of items in this, Cheerios, cereal snacks, raisins, granola, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, cheese, crackers, raw veggie sticks, etc. When we put deli meat or cheese we take along a lunch freezer pack to keep things at a safe temperature and fresh. I like to put a thick paper towel under juicier items such as berries to keep things from dripping and to prevent any staining that could occur to the box. I have not had any staining, but it is good to try to prevent extra messes. I got this idea from the actual raspberries we buy at our grocery store (they always have a thin paper cloth under them when in their clear plastic container).

The seal on this is very tight so I do not see young children being able to open and close this properly for school or day care lunches. Children ages 7 and under might have some difficulty. I see that other reviewers have put this in the microwave with no issues, but we have not tested this. This stores a good amount of snack food for my 2 little ones, (I pack it with safer food when my 17 month old will be snacking) or a larger, full lunch for my 4 1/2 year old. Both children like the Annies cheddar bunnies and pretzels in the box, along with various cereal puffs.

In the pictures I have made our own little version of the Lunchables that children love, but often parents like me do not like to purchase due to the high salt and undesirable preservative (and high price for low quality food). This is a fuller meal, with fresher, healthier, and tastier food. YUM! I was able to add 4 small rolled up low fat (97% lean), low sodium chicken deli meat--in 2 slices rolled for each of the 2 rolls. The Ritz crackers (4 sets of 3 crackers) can be made into cheese (swiss and cheddar) and deli sliced chicken mini sandwiches. Pair this meal with a water, and this is a great little lunch.

I love the lime green color and like how well this seals. The size is nice, and I like how the corners are rounded and smooth. I recommend this bento style box. 




















*I was sent this complimentary for an honest review.  

You can find Lifemark Labs on Facebook.  




Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways. Find me on bloglovin and Twitter.




No comments:

Post a Comment