Thursday, July 14, 2016

Buttons Diapers Wet Bag (Medium, Afternoon Tea) Review




I have purchased several diapers from Buttons Diapers in the past 2 years to use with my 2 youngest children. I like the quality of their diaper shells as I use them as diaper covers for our Green Mountain Diaper prefolds and workhorse diapers.  I used to use Thirties covers , but I have noticed that the leg elastics of the Thirsties gets weak and stretches out quickly, making for some undesirable leaking sometimes. I still use Thirsties, but I grab the Buttons Diapers first, over the Thirsties.  I do not currently use the inserts for the Button diapers, but had tried them for a few months before switching completely to Indian cotton prefolds and workhorse (prefold fitted diapers).  I love cloth diapering, and have been a cloth diapering mommy since my first child (now age 5) was 3 months.  It is important to have a few wet bags on hand (both in the home and on the go).  

I was recently sent a medium size wet bag from Buttons Diapers to evaluate and review.  I selected the Afternoon Tea pattern, which is a beautiful turquoise blue with a pink floral pattern.  My 2 youngest children are boys, but who says boys can't have flowers?  The bag is the perfect size for my diaper bag and also for hanging on our stroller when we need a separate area to keep used diapers when we are on an outing.  I do not put the diapers in the bag without first using a plastic "potty bag."  You can purchase doggy poo bags or you can find plastic bags marketed toward diapers.  I have used both with great results.  I prefer the Munchkin Arm and Hammer Baking Soda ones, as they help neutralize the odor without a strong perfume fragrance (some doggy poo bags smell strongly of cheap perfume).  

I like this wet bag and find it can have many uses.  I use this one for my diaper bag as it is pretty and a nice size.  If you do not cloth diaper, you may decide to use it for swimsuits or wet clothing.  I have another wet bag that I use only for eating at restaurants.  This is a very handy way to use a wet bag.  I use one for all 3 children to store wet wipes (messy hands and faces), our Baby Bjorn silicone bibs, small toys to keep my 2 year old occupied, disposable placemats, and a few snacks for the children to munch on while they wait.  

The company has various sizes of wet bags to suit your needs.  These bags are made with a nice quality PUL. The interior of the bag is sewn securely with "rolled seams" to prevent leaking.  The wet bags are currently available in three prints and I am sure at least one of them will strike your fancy: 

Afternoon Tea is a turquoise with floral pattern, Charming is a orange toned mustard shade and green chevron zig zag pattern, and Meadow is a bright lime or spring green with a white leaf pattern.  I have a cover in the Charming and the Meadow patterns.  The Button covers all have an embroidered button on the bum of the diaper, but the wet bags do not have the button.  The bag I was sent has one zippered pocket and a sturdy hanging strap.  I would have preferred this to have been a wet / dry bag with a side pocket.  All the Buttons wet bags are anti-microbial and machine washable.  These are available in three sizes: Small-10"x 10", Medium-13.5"x 14.5" and Large-13.5" x 24."  I was sent the medium size complimentary to review.  This is my honest evaluation of the product.  

Here is some info directly from the company:

-Made of Stain and Water resistant PUL
-Anti-microbial and Lead Free
-Interior rolled seams to prevent leaks
-Sturdy straps for hanging on strollers, doorknobs or hooks
-Machine washable, Line dry or Machine dry low

- Medium wet bags fit 6 Buttons diapers (cover + daytime insert)


Our wet bags are made from our signature soft silky PUL. The interior of the bag is sewn with rolled seams to prevent leaks and keep odors in. Our wetbags work well for clean or dirty cloth diapers in addition to kids swimsuits or general diaper bag organization. Each bag has a handy sturdy strap for hanging from your stroller, door knob or hook. Available in three sizes: Small-10"x 10", Medium-13.5"x 14.5" and Large-13.5" x 24"








Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.

For more information about Buttons, you can visit their website and Facebook.

DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.





































No comments:

Post a Comment